Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working for Postmates till Uber Eats Bought them out I then started to work for Uber Eats. I have been doing do for over a year now. Then I had to do the yearly Background check I passed last time and have not had any new charges my last one was in 2017. I filled out the required info and that was on August 13 2022 its now been a month and a half and i still have not been able to work due to being told by Uber that they are still doing the background check. I have not been able to now not only pay my rent but my electric bill and my cell phone bill. Both my phone and electric has been shut off and i have recived a eviction notice and now will be Homeless and living in a tent on the streets due to Uber Eats and there company for allowing all this to happen to me. I now tell all that i come into contact with to stop useing all that has to do with anything Uber and i tell them what they have done to me as a employee of theres.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Sounds like a genuine lack of preparation and planning on your part. Also sounds like so many in today's environment that are not living in reality, believing that they can do what they want without having to make real commitments and accept real responsibility and then complain with things do not go their way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Sounds like a genuine lack of preparation and planning on your part. Also sounds like so many in today's environment that are not living in reality, believing that they can do what they want without having to make real commitments and accept real responsibility and then complain with things do not go their way.
Correction due to a car crash on 12/26/2020 that i was the passenger and i should have never surrived i was cut out of the car life flighted flat lined 9 times and had to have 7 surgerys and haveing to learn how to walk all over again witch im still working on Im limmited to what all i can do.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Correction due to a car crash on 12/26/2020 that i was the passenger and i should have never surrived i was cut out of the car life flighted flat lined 9 times and had to have 7 surgerys and haveing to learn how to walk all over again witch im still working on Im limmited to what all i can do.
And you are doing food delivery?

·
Banned
811 Posts
True just that cost money and the courts are already so backed up due to the covid ordeal
Small claims only requires a small fee of 20-40 dollars and you represent yourself.

If you have proof of their negligence that caused you pain and suffering entitling you to the maximum amount of compensation, they will settle and not even bother with the lawsuit since it will be more expensive for them.

You can get from 2500 to 10000 bucks depending on your state.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
First and foremost, sorry to hear you were in such an accident but you did survive.

SECOND, comparing your two posts, I call BS on some or all of what you have posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Small claims only requires a small fee of 20-40 dollars and you represent yourself.

If you have proof of their negligence that caused you pain and suffering entitling you to the maximum amount of compensation, they will settle and not even bother with the lawsuit since it will be more expensive for them.

You can get from 2500 to 10000 bucks depending on your state.
I have a copy of all text chatts between them and im as well as all phone records and even my bank statement and even screeb shots from every day i have been out of work and my work history with them.

·
Banned
811 Posts
I have a copy of all text chatts between them and im as well as all phone records and even my bank statement and even screeb shots from every day i have been out of work and my work history with them.
Then that's all you need as proof.

Grab as much as you can and keep it aside for when the judge asks.

Not sure how it goes through arbitration but if you opted out of arbitration, you can just file small claims and win easily.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Sorry to hear this. If you are going to rely on gig work to make a living you really need to multi app. We are all just one false accusation away from deactivation or other nonsense that we deal with from these companies. You need to have plan b ready to go when shit goes down.

·
Registered
10,978 Posts
I was working for Postmates till Uber Eats Bought them out I then started to work for Uber Eats. I have been doing do for over a year now. Then I had to do the yearly Background check I passed last time and have not had any new charges my last one was in 2017. I filled out the required info and that was on August 13 2022 its now been a month and a half and i still have not been able to work due to being told by Uber that they are still doing the background check. I have not been able to now not only pay my rent but my electric bill and my cell phone bill. Both my phone and electric has been shut off and i have recived a eviction notice and now will be Homeless and living in a tent on the streets due to Uber Eats and there company for allowing all this to happen to me. I now tell all that i come into contact with to stop useing all that has to do with anything Uber and i tell them what they have done to me as a employee of theres.
On the plus side, though, you still have access to the internet.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Ive been doing Uber EATS an Gryft for 7 years. Guber sidelined my BC for 1.5 months before they cleared me in my 7th year working with them. You must know these corporations are souless POS's an heartless. Sorry but you did this too yourself. You shouldve gotten a W2 job the first or second month they sidelined you.

You are in control of your future not guber or gryft. Good luck an God bless.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Sue them if you aren't on arbitration.

Small claims for al you can.
You can't sue in small claims court since you are not out any money that was owed to you. They are not liable for you sitting around doing nothing instead of getting a job to pay your bills. Grow up and be responsible for yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
…stop useing all that has to do with anything Uber and i tell them what they have done to me as a employee of theres.
You are not an employee of Uber… and unless there is a breach of contract on their end, you have no standing in a court of law or arbitration…

Like others have stated here, get a real job…

1 - 20 of 157 Posts