Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving for over a year now and have tons of addresses (and names) memorized that are on my DO NOT PICK UP list. I also have all the addresses for retail establishments in my area memorized (Target, WalMart, Sam's, all grocery stores, etc). These trips yield minimum rides with ZERO tip usually. Loading groceries in and out, etc......pain in the butt. One night some stinky ****** spilled a gallon of milk in the back. He almost got stabbed.

Anyone else do this?

·
Banned
109 Posts
YES. I have a list of apartments i will NOT pick up from. I also have a list of names and addresses that are never ready or i can't get in a gate. IGNORED. There is NO WAY i will EVER pick any pax up at any store. Guaranteed short ride, no tip, crappy rating.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I have an address come across the screen I am not familiar with I am Googling while the beeps are still going to find out what is there.....you have to be quick with it but doing a quick address search is handy.

·
Banned
612 Posts
Yea Grocery Stores are out. A while back I was going to Winstar, so I decided to "earn" some extra money. Logged on pick up some people at a grocery store drove them to their place of residence (Motel 6). I made $3.27. Laughed ! Logged Out ! Went Home ! what a ****ing joke.

·
Banned
109 Posts
If the ping isn't from a high end apartment you're going to haul a pax to their crappy low paying job a short distance away so there is no way Jack in the Box teller is tipping you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I guess I'm a sucker for wanting to provide a service to someone who needs it. Truth is, I'd rather load groceries for someone making minimum wage, than take some entitled SMU brat to their third party of the night.

Maybe I'll grow up some day and look down my nose at that guy who doesn't tip because he makes minimum wage (while I make $3/hr after gas and maintenance). But I sure hope not.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Look down my nose? This is BUSINESS. I'm doing this to make money. Uber puts these people in a position to take advantage of drivers and they are fully aware of it. Do you think you would be getting these rides if the min was 7.50 and it was 1.20 a mile? Hell no they would take the bus. I'm not running a charity and i won't be taken advantage of. Have at it if that's what you want to do but you're going to go broke.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I once got a request just when I passing directly in front of a grocery store.
Pax was still in the store shopping when I arrived about 1 minutes later and started to wait.

I told pax that this is an On Demand service and next time to order a ride when she is outside and ready to go not when she is still shopping.

As expected, I got less than 4 stars for the $4.00 total fare that I kept $2.40 of.
My only mistake was to tell her how to use the system the right way.

·
Banned
109 Posts
WTF? No way i would have picked that pax up. Once you get into any type of discussion on how to use the service they get their back up and low rate you. Store picks ups are a stone loser. A mall is even worse good luck finding the idiot.

·
Banned
612 Posts
MY favorite low rent apartment. Dude you can afford a sack of weed but not a booster seat for your daughter??? Hey and while I drive your no car having ass and your ugly girlfriend to mall why don't you just bust out a gar and roll a joint in my back seat. True Story.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a couple of youngsters get in my car the other day and I could tell they had just smoked. They asked if I was a full time driver and I told them this was part time. Asked what I did and I told them I was a cop. You should have seen the looks on their faces. Ha! Then I asked them if they had any more weed.

"Uh....sir...uh...we don't use weed...uh..."

"Just messing with you kid...I'm not a cop."

·
Registered
10 Posts
For apartments that have gate codes try the follow codes:

9111 works majority of the time. It's a common code so that police and fire can access apartments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have XXXX'd the SMU area out! Spoiled kids and people with too much money that want to keep every sent.

Office building clusters early in the morning or late afternoon - I don't mind them mid-say as I normally get a DFW ride out of that.

I've only had a couple of WalMart experiences, but I'm kinda like the guy above - it was apparent the family was living on a daily paycheck.
They were clean, polite and just wanted a ride about 2 miles so they didn't have to walk in the heat with their groceries.
It was $3.50 with no tip, but I really didn't mind this time.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I've been driving for over a year now and have tons of addresses (and names) memorized that are on my DO NOT PICK UP list. I also have all the addresses for retail establishments in my area memorized (Target, WalMart, Sam's, all grocery stores, etc). These trips yield minimum rides with ZERO tip usually. Loading groceries in and out, etc......pain in the butt. One night some stinky ****** spilled a gallon of milk in the back. He almost got stabbed.

Anyone else do this?
You will be deactivated or wait listed as soon as Uber has enough drivers. We are in the service business. The money is good when the surge comes and special events occur. You are screwing the rest of the drivers by giving us your rejects. You make $100 to $200 bucks on Friday and Saturday nights in a few hours. Take the bad and u receive the good things this job has to offer. We all must do our part for this company to succeed. It will benefit you in the long run. But, you are being greedy and not looking at the big picture. If you are busy I get it. Otherwise just smile and take the trip. Assuming an address is automatically a bad trip is a mistake. I have had good and bad trips from many pickup locations.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You will be deactivated or wait listed as soon as Uber has enough drivers. We are in the service business. The money is good when the surge comes and special events occur. You are screwing the rest of the drivers by giving us your rejects. You make $100 to $200 bucks on Friday and Saturday nights in a few hours. Take the bad and u receive the good things this job has to offer. We all must do our part for this company to succeed. It will benefit you in the long run. But, you are being greedy and not looking at the big picture. If you are busy I get it. Otherwise just smile and take the trip. Assuming an address is automatically a bad trip is a mistake. I have had good and bad trips from many pickup locations.
It's a percentage thing. If you don't want my rejects then don't take them. I am an independent contractor and do as i please. I'll be damned if you or anyone is going to dictate to me what I must do. I'm here to make money and I will do so as I see fit. If Uber wants to deactivate me it's stupid on their part. I consistently bill out $1500-$1700 weekly and have a 4.9 rating. So...if i may sum up....blow it out yer ass.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Fugettaboudit! I have ZERO interest in helping a company that thinks .85 a mile that they take 20% of and tell pax tip is included succeed. In FACT i hope they fail. You can bet your sweet ass i'm going to cherry pick my rides and maximize what i make in the shortest amount of time. NOBODY and i mean NOBODY can tell me pax think drivers are being paid fair at .85 a mile and a tip isn't called for. BULLSHIT. They use Uber's crap of tip included as an excuse not to tip. TAKE A BUS ******BAGS! You're either an Uber shill or delusional.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts