Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't it be great to get paid for shagging across town for a ride?

If a car isn't within 5 minutes, no service should be available unless... You call for a car to come to you.

This would be a flat (nonrefundable) $5.00 fee unless for some reason the driver cancels. Then you can call for a different car for the same $5. If a car is more than 20 minutes away, it is a $10 fee. On top of any regular fare that you would normally be charged for the ride itself. Uber does not get a cut of this "chase fee".

Chase Fees would offset some of the running costs to drive for UberX, and provide a more complete service area, and less driver cancellations/calls to customers to see if it is "worth the trip".

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
if I get a request when I am at Point A, to pick up somebody from Point B, to take them to Point C; fair fare should be calculated as the greater of the A-B and B-C.

I would respond to 100% of all requests as long as rating is 4.8'or higher.

This formula will guarantee me that I am not driving 6 miles to pickup only to drop off 300 yards later for a minimum fare.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Wouldn't it be great to get paid for shagging across town for a ride?

If a car isn't within 5 minutes, no service should be available unless... You call for a car to come to you.

This would be a flat (nonrefundable) $5.00 fee unless for some reason the driver cancels. Then you can call for a different car for the same $5. If a car is more than 20 minutes away, it is a $10 fee. On top of any regular fare that you would normally be charged for the ride itself. Uber does not get a cut of this "chase fee".

Chase Fees would offset some of the running costs to drive for UberX, and provide a more complete service area, and less driver cancellations/calls to customers to see if it is "worth the trip".
POST # 1/Mr Microphone: I'm POSITIVE
that "Big Brother"
will be Totally Jazzed by Your Call to
[888] IM4 - UBER. They'll immediately
put You through to Lord of the Bubers.
Tell 'im all about it, Brah!

Some Guys get all the Luck. Sigh.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Um, that's exactly how it works in my area? If they cancel after 5 minutes of request, they get a cancelation fee, regardless of arrival.
thats not what he is saying, he is saying a fee added to the total just for coming a far distance.

·
Registered
198 Posts
thats not what he is saying, he is saying a fee added to the total just for coming a far distance.
The only thing different I see is the $10 if the ride is 20+ plus minutes away. Otherwise, what he is describing is already in effect?

I wouldnt mind an increased cancellation fee for 20 minutes+, but that would essentially narrow the service area, which I don't like at all as a Burbs stalker.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The only thing different I see is the $10 if the ride is 20+ plus minutes away. Otherwise, what he is describing is already in effect?

I wouldnt mind an increased cancellation fee for 20 minutes+, but that would essentially narrow the service area, which I don't like at all as a Burbs stalker.
lol again no, you are not getting it. he is talking about just a show up fee. then the normal rates once ride starts,, a cancel fee is separate. which we never get added on once we start a trip.

·
Registered
198 Posts
lol again no, you are not getting it. he is talking about just a show up fee. then the normal rates once ride starts,, a cancel fee is separate. which we never get added on once we start a trip.
So were talking about an acceptance fee, essentially? $0 for under 5 minutes, $5 plus fare for pickups over 5 minutes away, and $10 plus fare for pickups over 20 minutes away?

If that's the case, then, yes, I misunderstood completely, and second, we've crossed from "dream" to "drug overdose dying vision" :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have been working the fringe of the area, and it's around some lakes. So when you are on the wrong side, it can be a chase... Anyways I've had 2 recently, one was almost a 40 minute chase another 20 mins. Both worked out to be great fares (over $50 a piece non surge), but if they were for squat, it would have really sucked...

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
It makes complete sense. Reduce demand from those who want to go down the street in the middle of the night when the nearest driver is 20 minutes away. People would rather walk than pay $15 to go a mile.
And take out the chase fee if the fare is over $20, so those early airport runs still cost the same

1 - 11 of 11 Posts