Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with Uber being 40% cheaper than cabs and the 25% commission that is being taken from new Uber drivers, is there anything left for the drivers?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
So with Uber being 40% cheaper than cabs and the 25% commission that is being taken from new Uber drivers, is there anything left for the drivers?
Well, I have received approximately 14,000 and some odd Ratings Stars, not to mention a lifetime of cherished GUber memories. Which are priceless of course (The memories, not the stars I mean. The Stars are worthless, less than worthless actually).
So, there's that...Oh, and yesterday, a thoughtful Pin left me her empty bottle of vegetable juice so I received a good karma payment since I had the privilege to recycle this item for her. It adds up.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Why would you drive for uber and make $2 per hour after all expenses..

Today I worked for a limo company...no uber black. After all expenses (gas and tolls) I made roughly $16 per hour.. And my car is sitting in my driveway smiling.. No more uber for my car.

Get a freaking chauffeur license.. And go work for a limo company.. They're all hiring now. It's not that hard to get a hard card.. Maybe 3 weeks process and maybe $250-300 investment.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

Today I worked for a limo company...no uber black. After all expenses (gas and tolls) I made roughly $16 per hour.. And my car is sitting in my driveway smiling.. No more uber for my car.

Get a freaking chauffeur license.. And go work for a limo company.. They're all hiring now. It's not that hard to get a hard card.. Maybe 3 weeks process and maybe $250-300 investment.
POST # 4/Chicago-uber: A Bison-Appro-
ved Move, Sir! The Ol'
Bison and me are Interviewing Locally
for JUST SUCH AN OPTION!
The ONLY catch is that from T-Day
through to Easter, it's a 12 hour shift
6 - 7 days a week. But the chance to Bank
$35,000+ in 17 weeks has APPEAL !

Bison: Lil' excited.

·
Registered
14 Posts

What are the tips like ?

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
A $5 cab ride down the street in Boston is not much more $$, if at all, than UberX. Plus, no $1 safe ride fee. Plus, if UberX surges, it's likely more $$ than the cab for short rides.

I've had a pax or two in recent months say, " Hey, you're cheaper than Uber!". That was for a quick $7 fare at bar break.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Cabs just raised their rated 15% as of January 2, 2016......yet uber still cutting our rates every few months......theirs something wrong here (Chicago) if taxis can afford to raise their rates.....while Uber cannot/ will not raise theirs.......

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yes,get a chauffeur licence and that You can call You self a taxi drivers.

·
Registered
131 Posts

they always take care of new guy for a month wait till you have to wait 5hrs for 1 call dispatchers has their favorite boys who gets best runs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts