Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the start of rain in Philly, downtown, a surge began. I drop off a Pax at Greyhound and see at least 10 people waiting for a ride. They all have bags and they all have their phones out looking up and down. I had to Pee so I turned off my app and went to Starbucks at 12th and Walnut. After I handle my business, I'm ready to hit the road. I turn on the app and it's bright red. I get a call to pick up a girl at 12th and Chestnut. It's a 2.1x surge and I'm like all right. Praying she doesn't cancel, I arrived at 12th and Chestnut. The gets in after I wait for about a minute and half and she verifies that I'm her driver. I now ask all riders to verify who their driver is. I slide the start trip and my mouth drops to the floor. I turn to her and inform her that her destination is right around the corner. She says, "Yea, I know but I got drunk last night and I don't know where I am. Plus it's raining and I don't want to get wet." Because I already started the trip, I didn't want to take a cancellation hit. So, I drove her around the corner and end the trip. Now Uber says trip too short and they aren't paying me.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Drive another block. Those short surge trips are the best. Better than the same min fare for going a mile, you can get another surge ride

·
Registered
143 Posts
Geesh that's crazy, I would've been pissed. Thanks for sharing, if that ever happens to me I'll drive that extra block

1 - 9 of 9 Posts