Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting yet another one of these Pink Zone prompts recently I was reminded that never once have I received a ride request by staying in the zone. Not once. Ever, ever. I rarely hang around, but if I do the zone finally clears off after no requests.

Funny thing is the area was surging. At least for a moment. These zones seem rather lagging.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,588 Posts
If you leave the zone do you still get the $7.66 on your next ride? If the zone goes away does the $7.66 stay with you for the next ride?

Th few sticky surges I get with Uber at least stay with me. I have yet to get a ride while the surge zone was lit up on Uber. The ping always seems to come right after the zone disappears off the map.

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly. I know people complain about surging all the time. I never follow Uber surges. Not worth the brain cycles trying to game that. Regarding the first part of your question, the text usually states to stay in the area to get the bonus. I've never really noticed if there was a bonus on the next Lyft ride outside the area, when I finally do take a hit. I strongly favor Uber due to the better pay and destination info.

·
12,351 Posts
It says to stay in the zone to continue to build the power Zone. Meaning if you stay in the zone the amount increases. This is a good thing. Other drivers tend to get a ping right away. Therefore their powerzones never build up. That is me🙋‍♀️. That amount you show is the amount you're guaranteed to get on your next ride regardless if you stay in the zone or not.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
The pink zone doesn't show up in the small towns. Once in any bigger city it will appear. This has been my experience at least.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
If you leave the zone do you still get the $7.66 on your next ride? If the zone goes away does the $7.66 stay with you for the next ride?

Th few sticky surges I get with Uber at least stay with me. I have yet to get a ride while the surge zone was lit up on Uber. The ping always seems to come right after the zone disappears off the map.
If you leave the zone, the ride bonus usually disappears.It does not stay on the app indefinitely until you get your next ride.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I've had some of those PPZ bonuses stay on until the next day.
This usually happens if I get a ride while on a PPZ, and the pax cancels while I'm on my way. The bonus will come back up the next day if that cancelled ride was my last ride of the day.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
After getting yet another one of these Pink Zone prompts recently I was reminded that never once have I received a ride request by staying in the zone. Not once. Ever, ever. I rarely hang around, but if I do the zone finally clears off after no requests.

Funny thing is the area was surging. At least for a moment. These zones seem rather lagging.

View attachment 604842
The highest maximum I got was $9.50. Does anyone know how high the power zone can get?

·
Premium Member
1964 Studebaker Commander
2,567 Posts
The highest maximum I got was $9.50. Does anyone know how high the power zone can get?
I got one for 18 and change recently. Surprised the hell out of me. Lyft being Lyft, they naturally switched me off the ride I accepted, which was almost certainly a short ride into the heart of downtown, to a crappy 20+ minute one in the wrong direction.

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lyft being Lyft, they naturally switched me off the ride I accepted, which was almost certainly a short ride into the heart of downtown, to a crappy 20+ minute one in the wrong direction.
Really? That is a low point, even for Lyft. It's one thing to swap a driver to a new ride without permission, under the auspice of efficiency, but to lure a driver in to a specific geographical area, and offer a bonus by remaining in the area... only to steal that ride away is unconscionable.

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
I've gotten good payouts on these, but they are exceedingly rare to show up. They do not disappear unless you leave the zone, even if LYFT discontinues the PPZ, if you don't move, you will get the ride on the next ping. That has been my experience.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Pink is very rare in my neighborhood. Once there was just this one little pink square... I zoomed in and it was like one house. If that guy, in that house, orders a ride, then Lyft was willing to pay me extra to give him a ride I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
I can't believe no one joked about the pink zone.
  • Paid off??? getting into the “Pink Zone” has cost me some major dinero over the years.
  • When I’m approaching the pink zone there is a definite surge.
  • Who says the pink zones are only in the large cities, I don’t care where your at, it’s alllll pink in that zone.
  • My screen got all pink, then it started smelling fishy. What’s up with that?
  • Nights are better in the pink zone!
  • I know a part time Lyft driver who never goes into a pink zone, His name is Father Flanagan.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
  • Paid off??? getting into the “Pink Zone” has cost me some major dinero over the years.
  • When I’m approaching the pink zone there is a definite surge.
  • Who says the pink zones are only in the large cities, I don’t care where your at, it’s alllll pink in that zone.
  • My screen got all pink, then it started smelling fishy. What’s up with that?
  • Nights are better in the pink zone!
  • I know a part time Lyft driver who never goes into a pink zone, His name is Father Flanagan.
When i'm approaching the pink zone there is a definite surge. Genius.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts