Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO For the last couple of months, I have been trying to accept pools or lines and see if I can get a passenger from both platforms in the car at the same time. Well, that hasn't worked. Usual result is one cancels.

But it made me start thinking even more like a mercenary. Now, I leave both open and take every trip. If I get a pool ride that's say 15 minutes away, and on my way get a line ride that's 6 minutes away, I'll divert and cancel the first. Trying to see if reducing my time running for pickups will increase the average number of rides I can get.

I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure you'd be deactivated by either company doesn't matter if it's a pool.

Pax would cry like a lil bi***
Let 'em. My goal is to turn their little cheapskate trick back on them in an effort to encourage them to use X.
I don't think there's any language in the agreement that says I have to take only Uber customers. My rationale was that they pick a pool ride or a line ride, they've agreed to the possibility of sharing the car.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was going to start a double dipping trick with the uber city quests. Turn on a short guaranteed per hour with city quest. Meanwhile, have your Lyft App open and just do lyft. Uber would be auto accepting rides. However, pax would start cancelling once they see you not driving toward them. Technically you didn't cancel any uber quest rides so you'd be entitled to uber hourly rate plus all your Lyft rides.

·
Registered
235 Posts
SO For the last couple of months, I have been trying to accept pools or lines and see if I can get a passenger from both platforms in the car at the same time. Well, that hasn't worked. Usual result is one cancels.

But it made me start thinking even more like a mercenary. Now, I leave both open and take every trip. If I get a pool ride that's say 15 minutes away, and on my way get a line ride that's 6 minutes away, I'll divert and cancel the first. Trying to see if reducing my time running for pickups will increase the average number of rides I can get.

I'll let you know.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Let 'em. My goal is to turn their little cheapskate trick back on them in an effort to encourage them to use X.
I don't think there's any language in the agreement that says I have to take only Uber customers. My rationale was that they pick a pool ride or a line ride, they've agreed to the possibility of sharing the car.
But wouldn't the App tell them who else will be sharing their ride? Once when I went on a Line ride I first picked up a guy named Roger. Then I got diverted to go pick up Irene. Now before getting into the back seat she was checking if the Pax was indeed Roger. I was like how the fk she knows until after I figured out that's a sneaky way how Lyft keeps a tab on you. Lol.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts

I'll let you know.
Getting a passenger from both platforms at the same time sounds like a very interesting idea, but how would that work if the Line rider is going 10 miles north and the Pool rider needs to go 10 miles south? (lol) As for your divert and cancel methodology, I certainly would do that too if I accepted Line/Pool, but I am curious if you also take into account Line's extra .06 per minute? That maybe makes it a bit harder to figure on the fly?

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far, today, I had two instances where I took a ping from each. The first time, the 2nd passenger cancelled. The second time, the person just waited while I drove about a half mile past them, then turned back to get them. I didn't text or anything. Last night, I had one Lyft with a 12 minute pickup and as I headed there, an Uber X ping from 6 minutes out. Took the X and canceled the L. I should have just let them cancel. But I think my mind was wandering.

But wouldn't the App tell them who else will be sharing their ride? Once when I went on a Line ride I first picked up a guy named Roger. Then I got diverted to go pick up Irene. Now before getting into the back seat she was checking if the Pax was indeed Roger. I was like how the fk she knows until after I figured out that's a sneaky way how Lyft keeps a tab on you. Lol.
If I get one Lyft and one Uber, they won't know that there's another passenger until I roll up on them.

·
Banned
305 Posts

I'll let you know.
Ur an uber x genius! !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.