Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
passenger was a young chap, south london to fleet street.

the beginning of the journey was through a street with 20mph speed limit and the guy kept going on about being in a hurry, he's late etc then started insisting i drive faster at which point i explained the speed limit is 20 and there is a speed camera just ahead at which point he punched the back of my seat ( he was sitting directly behind me)

at this point i'm thinking this isn't going to end well I gotta get this guy out of my car.

a brightly lit intersection was just up ahead so i pulled over and said I can't drive like this so this trip is over.

he went nuts at this point but I wasn't backing down - he finally got out of the car and slammed the door so hard all the storage compartment doors popped open

i'm embarrassed to admit I was really shook up and had to park as I just felt i couldn't safely drive... ignored several ride requests as wasn't in a fit state to drive.

eventually just drove home. emailed uber via the partner website.

just noticed the 5 quid charge has been refunded and he must have rated me a 1 star.

bloody hell what a morning.

was I right to end the trip?

·
Banned
3,071 Posts

the beginning of the journey was through a street with 20mph speed limit and the guy kept going on about being in a hurry, he's late etc then started insisting i drive faster at which point i explained the speed limit is 20 and there is a speed camera just ahead at which point he punched the back of my seat ( he was sitting directly behind me)

at this point i'm thinking this isn't going to end well I gotta get this guy out of my car.

a brightly lit intersection was just up ahead so i pulled over and said I can't drive like this so this trip is over.

he went nuts at this point but I wasn't backing down - he finally got out of the car and slammed the door so hard all the storage compartment doors popped open

i'm embarrassed to admit I was really shook up and had to park as I just felt i couldn't safely drive... ignored several ride requests as wasn't in a fit state to drive.

just noticed the 5 quid charge has been refunded and he must have rated me a 1 star.

Yes

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I would have waited close to him to get his request and make him cancel each time. That will piss him off who cares if u are running late

·
Registered
276 Posts
Oh man that sounds horrible but dont worry about it too much. In a customer service industry, you will meet people like that ,cant avoid them.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Wouldn't worry about it mate you made the right decision. Don't let one idiot ruin your day. Out of every 200 PAX you may come across one ****. You should email UBER and explain how you felt and insist to them that you are relieved that you were unharmed and the next driver may not be so lucky..

·
Registered
76 Posts

Done the right thing mate, unfortunately Uber wont to anything about it at all and probably give him a free ride for next time. Its great being an Uber passenger!

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Thats tough on you mate.......I allways wished I could go to their place of work and stand next to them and abuse them see how they felt.Everyone takes the **** out of london taxis but the partition is a godsend.With a Taxi you havent a clue whos getting in at least you could get his address from uber if he had turned violent

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
No respect in this business! Drivers are badly treated, badly rated!

PRICES UP ! NO WATER! NO SWEETS! LET THOSE IDIOTS STRANDED In the middle of nowhere!
Customers oriented, well depends on the customer!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I had a shit night as well! I only did 5 trips, and the last two were very good jobs.
The second from last was an £8 job from Shoreditch to Lime house, the fella was pissed and annoying but he gave me a £20 tip! Yay my first one!!!
My last job was from Canary Warf to Southend. On the way back some C***t under took at speed at an island crossing and forced me to swerve and hit the curb on the crossing and I punctured both tyres front and back and damaged my alloys.
To cut a long story short, from midnight, I did get home to 4am, and the £20 tip went to the tyre fella.

Instigator2000 I think you did the right thing matey, although I'm not sure if that would have ended my night!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Poor u WHU STEVE , least u got home safe mate.. Instigator2000 you done the right thing mate and very proffesionally cuz if that was someone else it cud end with a fight..like i say dont give free water or sweets to any pax..the ride is cheap as it is..im out tonyt..;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I took a rider like this one from Barking to Greenwich at 1 o'clock in the morning . I've participated in some races in my country and I know the area like my pocket. It was the trip of his life. I'm sure he never ask again a driver to rush.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I took a rider like this one from Barking to Greenwich at 1 o'clock in the morning . I've participated in some races in my country and I know the area like my pocket. It was the trip of his life. I'm sure he never ask again a driver to rush.
You sound a danger ,I blame TFL not you though

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those passengers that get in and the first thing they say " I'm running late, so can you drive fast "

So what? Its not my fault your running late. Its got nothing to do with me. And then they complain to Uber and get £5 refunded from the drivers pocket! What a joke.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How can Uber allow this stupid idea of letting these passengers ask for aux cable/spotify. I never allow that crap in my car. But some of these passengers get in the car and start playing with the radio. Wdf. No respect! Then they blast it and when their drunk and its a group of them jumping up and down in the car like its a club. How are we Drivers suppose to concentrate on the road? The other night I had 4 passengers, one from behind keeps tapping my shoulder every 5 minutes, asking for AUX then spotify, then bluetooth. WDF. Had to tolerate that coz it was a 2.4 surge

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Tell em to F OFF plenty of cab firms out there if u get the sack..uber is only good cuz u can work when u want or else i wud leave them too..i work part time so it suits me but i give NO free water or sweets or fkn cable or hell no blue tooth.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You sound a danger ,I blame TFL not you though
I was sure about your answer. There are 2 possibilities. You're not driving in London or you're not able to see the reality. Black cabs push me all the time. This happens when they do not have clients and they drive around with 10 miles per hour and stop everywhere .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts