Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had a rating of 4.9 for a long time now and last night I had 2 rides, and they both had 4 very talkative PAX each. They even asked for my number so I could be their "personal UBER" and I told them I couldn't do that. I did have one person call me and then cancel after I was looking for them for about 15 minutes (I contacted UBER and got the $10 cancellation fee). Based on the two PAX I did drive, there is no way I should have gotten a 3.5 out of those ratings (I am experienced enough to know when to expect a 5 star rating).

I have 3 questions based on this:

1) Does PAX who cancel a ride request get to give you a rating?
2) One of the rides I had was during a surge, so it was a pretty expensive trip to go to the bar. I can understand if this influenced the PAX to lower my rating because they don't understand surge, but I thought by reading emails from Lord UBER that they did not consider ratings during a surge. Could that be the case?
3) How do you email UBER to get to a support person without putting your question in a totally unrelated prompt (generally, I have put my question in the "did not start / end trip on time)? Is there a general question link or phone number?

Thanks W2W

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hello,

I have had a rating of 4.9 for a long time now and last night I had 2 rides, and they both had 4 very talkative PAX each. They even asked for my number so I could be their "personal UBER" and I told them I couldn't do that. I did have one person call me and then cancel after I was looking for them for about 15 minutes (I contacted UBER and got the $10 cancellation fee). Based on the two PAX I did drive, there is no way I should have gotten a 3.5 out of those ratings (I am experienced enough to know when to expect a 5 star rating).

I have 3 questions based on this:

1) Does PAX who cancel a ride request get to give you a rating?
2) One of the rides I had was during a surge, so it was a pretty expensive trip to go to the bar. I can understand if this influenced the PAX to lower my rating because they don't understand surge, but I thought by reading emails from Lord UBER that they did not consider ratings during a surge. Could that be the case?
3) How do you email UBER to get to a support person without putting your question in a totally unrelated prompt (generally, I have put my question in the "did not start / end trip on time)? Is there a general question link or phone number?

Thanks W2W
Hey Welcome.2.WISTA Don't expect them to change your rating. Guber says "surges shouldn't be any different than any other time of day" yeah that's true cause I got dinged like that the other day and no surge. They will just tell you they don't take individual ratings into account but the 500 ride average. Have a nice day Paesan!
BTW, riders are liars!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The cancellation rider could not rate you. Only if you started the ride and then hit completed. Never start the ride until pax are in the car. Another rider rated you from previous trip, if that didn't happen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks kiddo.... I as hoping to provoke a response from Casual since I enjoy trying to decipher his responses!!!!&(&*@#$%^^&

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Uber knows your surge ratings and your non surge ratings, but they do not separate them so your number appears worse than it is. Maintain above 4.6 for the last 500 rated trips (not every pax takes the time to rate). Cancels cannot rate. I have a high volume of short trips so my rating changes quickly. Dropped to 4.74 and has now moved back to 4.8. My guess is I am 4.97 non surge and 4.6 surge. I do the same thing every trip but I get worse ratings when the pax pays more. My motto is the bridge to 'White Wedding' by Billy Idol; ...nothing fair, safe, sure, pure in this world.... but it's a nice day to start again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a fare today--address ended up in a mobile park---it said they were in a health center----I looked around wasting gas--since I'm new. I just cancelled and I was pinged again--I was navigated in the same spot---so I cancelled again--the pax pinged me again and I didn't answer the 3rd time, I didn't pick up---Uber did give me the $10 cncell fee. My question is why didn't pax use the phone or was this a joke.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Uber knows your surge ratings and your non surge ratings, but they do not separate them so your number appears worse than it is. Maintain above 4.6 for the last 500 rated trips (not every pax takes the time to rate). Cancels cannot rate. I have a high volume of short trips so my rating changes quickly. Dropped to 4.74 and has now moved back to 4.8. My guess is I am 4.97 non surge and 4.6 surge. I do the same thing every trip but I get worse ratings when the pax pays more. My motto is the bridge to 'White Wedding' by Billy Idol; ...nothing fair, safe, sure, pure in this world.... but it's a nice day to start again.
Well since I'm new--and wet behind my ears--if this is the nonsense I have to put up, I just pack it up and go on my way. When people pay money--they may have an attitude --at least some do ---I have a 4.3--I have to get around Worcester, not that familiar---not that happy with low call volume--I only talk with them if they do--I have 13 years of Cab experience and some people like to talk and some don't--no problem. But this rating--they may not like how my 3 hairs on my head are.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I had a fare today--address ended up in a mobile park---it said they were in a health center----I looked around wasting gas--since I'm new. I just cancelled and I was pinged again--I was navigated in the same spot---so I cancelled again--the pax pinged me again and I didn't answer the 3rd time, I didn't pick up---Uber did give me the $10 cncell fee. My question is why didn't pax use the phone or was this a joke.
I have a kitchen timer app.; Drive to pin, if no one can be seen, I set the timer for 5 minutes. After 3 minutes, I call 1 time, I text 1 time asking for location confirmation. If no responses, at the 5 minute mark, cancel 'rider no show'.... the worst is the ones that answer and say 'I'll be right out' and hang up before allowing me to speak to verify the pin is correct. If I am having a good night and do reach someone on the phone and we determine the pin is way off; I tell them to make a new request and I cancel with 'wrong address shown' and take a different, closer request. One time I did screw up and did not follow my policy stated above, I let the 5 minute timer go and canceled 'no show' but failed to notice they had texted actual location and it was nearby. (embarassing for me, because they made a legitimate effort to get me to them quicker). I got them again and fulfilled their request, awkward silence and no one brought up the cancel situation.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a pax today, I pick her up and she didn't enter where she was going---she just said peter pan bus--well I told her to punch in Union Station, Yes I know I could of entered it my self, Well my car was at a 45 degree angle in her driveway, and the street was at a slant, and I was trying to punch in where she wanted to go, while she was telling me to hurry up, her friend was sick wak wak wak----I told her it saves time if she punch in since I had a hand full of car. or let me safe secure my car. No I'm in a hurry. She handed me her smart phone and let me tell you it sure sent me way out of the way. I'm sorry I'm not like these young people who text with one hand. I drop off near--and the phone dest: was conn. But I dropped her off, and it seemed to correct itself---OK guys have your laugh--But I'm not texting while I drive, my car is far worth from any damn rating---period

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I had a pax today, I pick her up and she didn't enter where she was going---she just said peter pan bus--well I told her to punch in Union Station, Yes I know I could of entered it my self, Well my car was at a 45 degree angle in her driveway, and the street was at a slant, and I was trying to punch in where she wanted to go, while she was telling me to hurry up, her friend was sick wak wak wak----I told her it saves time if she punch in since I had a hand full of car. or let me safe secure my car. No I'm in a hurry. She handed me her smart phone and let me tell you it sure sent me way out of the way. I'm sorry I'm not like these young people who text with one hand. I drop off near--and the phone dest: was conn. But I dropped her off, and it seemed to correct itself---OK guys have your laugh--But I'm not texting while I drive, my car is far worth from any damn rating---period
just use the microphone instead of your fingers - maybe that will be easier for you. I hope you gave her a 1.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's funny that you said that as I just started dictating all my texts this past month.
???--I avoid texting--personally I use the Phone--texting is time consuming--so what your saying here is obscure. It is extremely unsafe while driving and the customer avoided punching in where she wanted to go while she yelling in my ear HURRY UP HURRY UP----so why this comment-- I need constructive comments--don't need arguments and critics thank you

·
Registered
88 Posts
???--I avoid texting--personally I use the Phone--texting is time consuming--so what your saying here is obscure. It is extremely unsafe while driving and the customer avoided punching in where she wanted to go while she yelling in my ear HURRY UP HURRY UP----so why this comment-- I need constructive comments--don't need arguments and critics thank you
Woah, calm down! First off i wasnt even talking to you in my post. Secondly, i do not text and drive at all. I started dictating instead of typing whenever i text now. Third, if you want some criticism here goes. I dont know how familiar you are with worcester but i can get to the bus station from anywhere in worcester without the gps. I understand you are new and might not be able to do this yet so in your situation i would not move one inch until i have the adress in. If the woman wants to give you attitude about it you have 4 options. 1. Suck it up and deal with it. 2. Tell her to get out of your car for being rude and cancel the trip. 3. You could try to reason with her and tell her you need a destination to be input beforeyou start to drive as per uber policy. Of corse you are lying about policy but ive found if i tell a pax that something is an uber rule it diffuses the situation most of the time.
4. Tell her without an adress she will have to give directions verbally to you. Either shedoes that or enters an address.
If you catch any more lip on these suggestions revert to number 2 and avoid the 1 star rating she will probably give.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Woah, calm down! First off i wasnt even talking to you in my post. Secondly, i do not text and drive at all. I started dictating instead of typing whenever i text now. Third, if you want some criticism here goes. I dont know how familiar you are with worcester but i can get to the bus station from anywhere in worcester without the gps. I understand you are new and might not be able to do this yet so in your situation i would not move one inch until i have the adress in. If the woman wants to give you attitude about it you have 4 options. 1. Suck it up and deal with it. 2. Tell her to get out of your car for being rude and cancel the trip. 3. You could try to reason with her and tell her you need a destination to be input beforeyou start to drive as per uber policy. Of corse you are lying about policy but ive found if i tell a pax that something is an uber rule it diffuses the situation most of the time.
4. Tell her without an adress she will have to give directions verbally to you. Either shedoes that or enters an address.
If you catch any more lip on these suggestions revert to number 2 and avoid the 1 star rating she will probably give.
------

Sorry I came across like that ---I try support and they really keep telling me don't piss off the customer---thanks for the suggestion--and yes I'm new and Worcester is fairly new to me----all is cool--thanks

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
------

Sorry I came across like that ---I try support and they really keep telling me don't piss off the customer---thanks for the suggestion--and yes I'm new and Worcester is fairly new to me----all is cool--thanks
Support is a misnoner. we may be rough on you here but it's for your own good. We at least know how it is to drive. The CSRs have no clue and may not even speak good English. They just cut and paste a response depending on key words in your email.

·
Registered
15 Posts
idk but I'm pretty pissed myself given that I went from a 4.84 to a 4.82 to a 4.77 yet yesterday (Sunday) I had a 5 star day.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
idk but I'm pretty pissed myself given that I went from a 4.84 to a 4.82 to a 4.77 yet yesterday (Sunday) I had a 5 star day.
You still like your college friends? Teenagers? All those African, Chinese & Indian immigrants? Every time you pick them up look to get a decrease in your score. I have 5 star weeks and then lo and behold it crashes .01, .02 or .03. As soon as it goes up again down it comes! LOL! I'm not really concerned but it is very frustrating.
But you won't have any riders if you cancel the above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought I was in with the college kids, given how over joyed they are that I'm one of "them." However because I'm a little older, I'm starting to fee like my mom when they act like a fool and or slam my door. But ugh can't wait for Halloween. Not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts