Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been burned by the directions in the Uber APP. The nameless, faceless people hiding behind email are useless. Time to find some other part time job.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Uberlyft use your choice of Google Maps or Waze; they're not proprietary.

Having said that, one must always keep the actual street address in one's mind as one gets close and ignore the last leg or two as indicated by Google.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Uberlyft use your choice of Google Maps or Waze; they're not proprietary.

Having said that, one must always keep the actual street address in one's mind as one gets close and ignore the last leg or two as indicated by Google.
It is frustrating when you realize that sometimes GMaps will take you to the street behind the actual address because it thinks that is "closer".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those don't exist where I am right now. Only the cheesy Uber app is available. Thanks for your comments, though

·
Registered
344 Posts
Those don't exist where I am right now. Only the cheesy Uber app is available. Thanks for your comments, though
The Uber app uses your choice of apps installed on your phone, it doesn't do navigating on its own. So, google maps, apple maps, waze are all available depending on your phone.

I don't use the lame ass navigation though. I have a standalone Garmin that I use. Bigger screen, better directions, all around easier and better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.