Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the barrage of emails and texts telling me that my account was active and could start driving...because according to Uber Support, thats not true. (Even though my account says active and I can actually go online.)

So I had planned on starting driving today. Everything was set, gas tank full, car clean, AC on blast because it was hot as balls, yada yada.

*clicks button to go online*
*1 hour passes, nothing*
*2 hours pass, oooooh this surge just popped up around me...nothing*
*Calls Uber Support, Am I doing some noob stuff? Hello? Restart phone, log out/log in to app at request of Support. Everything SHOULD be good now*
*3 hours pass, ok this is some bullshiii*
*Calls again because I'm tired of wasting my Saturday, surely there's something weird going on*

Called Uber "support" again...What did they say?

"Oh sir, I see here your background check is still pending. You cannot get requests until it comes back."

Okay, well that seems logical, but I have emails/texts saying I was good togo. Why?

"I cannot explain that sir, but I will pass this on to my superiors. All you can do right now is wait the 5 to 7 business days for the background check to come back. Check your email often"

...I am dead inside.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
...the barrage of emails and texts telling me that my account was active and could start driving...because according to Uber Support, thats not true. (Even though my account says active and I can actually go online.)

So I had planned on starting driving today. Everything was set, gas tank full, car clean, AC on blast because it was hot as balls, yada yada.

*clicks button to go online*
*1 hour passes, nothing*
*2 hours pass, oooooh this surge just popped up around me...nothing*
*Calls Uber Support, Am I doing some noob stuff? Hello? Restart phone, log out/log in to app at request of Support. Everything SHOULD be good now*
*3 hours pass, ok this is some bullshiii*
*Calls again because I'm tired of wasting my Saturday, surely there's something weird going on*

Called Uber "support" again...What did they say?

"Oh sir, I see here your background check is still pending. You cannot get requests until it comes back."

Okay, well that seems logical, but I have emails/texts saying I was good togo. Why?

"I cannot explain that sir, but I will pass this on to my superiors. All you can do right now is wait the 5 to 7 business days for the background check to come back. Check your email often"

...I am dead inside.
Ssme thing happened to me and a bunch of other drivers a month ago.

I guess they deactivate or put our accounts on hold without telling us now. Always check the Rider App to see if your Ant is on the road. If not then it's a safe bet that your account isn't active.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts