Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I started getting a number of gas icons showing on my Uber app...

I have tried different times to disable the settings that may cause this but have been unsuccessful...

does anyone have the secret to resolving this problem???

it is making my little monkey brain hurt...8(

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Just more BS from Uber none of us need.
Really? A) How does it negatively inpact anyone? and B) I used the feature extensively on a looooong road trip last week, with great success. I got so frustrated with the GasBuddy app. It was accurate and easy to use. I just saved $0.14 per gallon yesterday.
I guess some like to pissandmoan at anything.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You can always delete the app and transition to Lyft.
Why would the gas indicator be a problem?
At least there's more to look at in the app besides your car.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine disappeared. That featured didn't last long, it also didnt feature all the gas stations. My favorite WaWa wasnt on the map :(

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup...its gone....do you really think they are paying someone to screw with the program...

probably some young engineer just out of school...

LOOK...see what I can do????

and he/she only makes 100k per year....to screw with us....8O

Sheesh....8)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Wow, it's the one useful feature on the app and still people complain. I use it all the time to find the cheapest fuel....which is why it's there in the first place.

It even gives directions to the gas station.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Wow, it's the one useful feature on the app and still people complain. I use it all the time to find the cheapest fuel....which is why it's there in the first place.

It even gives directions to the gas station.
Seriously someone screen shot this gas icon cause I've been doing this over a year now and have yet to see it.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Seriously someone screen shot this gas icon cause I've been doing this over a year now and have yet to see it.
Try zooming in on the map. The icons only show up when I zoom in. But I'm in the ATL market so it may be different.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have found this very annoying. I have absolutely no need to know where gas stations are in the Uber app. On occasion though I've looked at the app and thought "where in the hell did my car go?" just to realize it was behind one of the gas pump icons.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
It's for all the new drivers Uber is onboarding.

They don't know where gas stations are.
I fill up at the gas station down the street from my house or the one near my work on Friday and look for a Thorntons later in the night on Saturday. Seriously how much gas do you people burn through?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts