Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Yeah, does it pay more?? They charge more so they’d better. As an Elantra owner I’m pissed because now there’s a layer of business they just took away. Having said that, the customers are probably the most likely undeservedly entitled nuisance humans.

· Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I envy those ants out there that drive one of those new Camry XSEs. The interior is ultra roomy and I love the ultra soft and comfy red leather seats. Its also got a 3.5L V6 engine and the suspension is tuned a bit more for better handling from the previous generation. 0-60 in 5.8sec possibly faster with better tires/wheels.

I think those qualify for Comfort or I could be wrong.

· Registered
1,769 Posts
I envy those ants out there that drive one of those new Camry XSEs. The interior is ultra roomy and I love the ultra soft and comfy red leather seats. Its also got a 3.5L V6 engine and the suspension is tuned a bit more for better handling from the previous generation. 0-60 in 5.8sec possibly faster with better tires/wheels.

I don't think you'll envy them when it's time to fill up.

· Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I don't think you'll envy them when it's time to fill up.
They got better mpg's than the older model camrys with the 3.5L V6 but yea overall pretty bad. Then again I'm ok with it. Those red leather seats are to die for. I sat in one before and I could easily sit in one of those and drive for 11 hours straight with my back and bum feeling like brand new afterwards.

· Registered
1,769 Posts
They got better mpg's than the older model camrys with the 3.5L V6 but yea overall pretty bad. Then again I'm ok with it. Those red leather seats are to die for. I sat in one before and I could easily sit in one of those and drive for 11 hours straight with my back and bum feeling like brand new afterwards.
Yeah I love those cars. Not for this gig. For the rates before "winter slump" yeah sure.

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does it pay more than regular X or Uber takes more ?
I think it pays a little more. It feels like I'm possibly driving Uber Black passengers looking for a less expensive ride?

Requested more leg space immediately..I'm assuming he wanted the front passenger seat moved forward? Or did he want you to scoot up in your seat as well? What car are you driving?
He requested me to move forward the front passenger seat. Him and his associate sat in the back and I could tell they wanted me and my GPS silent.....

New AI Camry

Post the trip
I can post the trip but will I violate any privacy? I'll black out the addresses

· Registered
1,769 Posts
I think it pays a little more. It feels like I'm possibly driving Uber Black passengers looking for a less expensive ride?

He requested me to move forward the front passenger seat. Him and his associate sat in the back and I could tell they wanted me and my GPS silent.....

New AI Camry

I can post the trip but will I violate any privacy? I'll black out the addresses
What do you mean you THINK it pays a little more? Does it or does it not?

· Premium Member
1965 Cushman Super Silver Eagle (Hayabusa-swapped)
3,253 Posts
I could tell they wanted me and my GPS silent
Everybody wants your GPS silent. If you want to drive with the audible directions on, get yourself a Bluetooth earpiece. I have a Plantronics 88120-41 M165 Marque 2 - works great and seems indestructible. Even survived a pass through the washing machine in my pants pocket.

· Premium Member
1,657 Posts

New AI Camry

There is nothing to violate. We all post certain trips here. We want to see it so we can calculate how much more the driver is making compared to why Uber charges and compared to Uber XL for example

Lol if I have that much to spend for a new Camry I may as well get a new Tesla 3 with the long range battery for 43 000$. Only like 12 000$ more than the Camry but you pay almost nothing for the gas and it also qualifies for Select

· Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I have red leather interior in my BMW Z4 it only has 14k miles in almost 3 years. Not sure how good leather in camry but you might wanna rethink it in long term

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.