Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you drop Uber for more money?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish Lyft would ping more.

I turn them both on, and 100% of the time Uber pings first. Turn Lyft off, deliver Uber Pax.

Turn Lyft back on. Of course, Uber pings first... turn Lyft off. Rinse and Repeat all day until I've got Uber on for 8 hours and Lyft has been active for ten minutes.

Try turning Uber off, and Lyft on.

Sit and wait and grow older waiting for a Lyft ping. When it does ping, the pax is ten miles away and wants me to take him/her to work because he/she missed the bus again. $4 fare. I could have parked behind the apartment, and waited 3 minutes for the cancel and gotten a $5 fare without using any gas.

I want Lyft to work. I can think of only one way for Lyft Marketing to increase market share.

It's going to seem self - serving, but what if they were to offer drivers a bigger cut of the fare? How many of you would drop the Uber app like it was on fire if Lyft were to offer a 90/10 split?

Think about it - it's not just about getting more money for drivers.
Sure, we'd be happy. We would turn on Lyft and turn off Uber, we've been treated like cattle by Uber forever. Uber doesn't care about us, there's plenty more drivers out there waiting on their background checks to clear.

What if suddenly there were a few dozen fewer Uber "Partner" apps running? Won't happen right away, might take a while, but soon Lyft passengers see 2 or 3 minute wait times because suddenly all those Uber cars are running the Lyft app instead. Lyft will be the rideshare app of choice before long - friends tell friends about the sudden shorter wait times for their ride to show up.

Now Uber passengers are getting wait times like 6-7 minutes, just like Lyft passengers see now. They're not used to that, so they take a look at Lyft.... BAM!!! 3 minute wait, order a Lyft instead.

Lyft will not be losing 10% of the fare, they will be gaining fares, more than enough to offset the difference. What's the value of being the ride share company of choice?

What is more important to the passenger, arrival time or cost of the fare? Here in Indy, Lyft riders pay more than Uber and have to wait longer for the car to arrive.

What if Lyft passengers didn't have to wait as long as Uber passengers? The only way to do that is to have Uber drivers switch. They can't do what Uber did and buy drivers, their only other choice is to motivate drivers to drop Uber and drive for Lyft instead.

Hello Lyft Marketing.... Anyone read these boards?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Lyft needs to do the following: Get rid of the pink and mustache, fistbump mentality, riding in the front seat. This appeals to those who go 2 miles as that is what they can afford and not the majority of customers. Wake up to the real rideshare world. Also, as I driver I do NOT want to drive 20-25 min to pickup a fare going a few miles...let me know the destination up front and I may take more of those rides!! Yes more money would help but I will not drop Uber until Lyft has more market share!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Lyft does offer you a bigger share but you have to drive peak hours...it's called Power Driver Bonus...you only have to work 30 peak hours to get a whole 10%. While you are driving the peak hours I am working mornings and being asked to drive 20-25 min for pickup. My acceptance rate this week is at an all time low of only 34% and the long driving distance is the reason. At that rate I probably will get cancelled even though I have over 450 rides with Lyft!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
As an experiment, I turned Uber off on Sunday, today is Wednesday.

With zero Uber dollars contributing to my earnings, my earnings so far are nearly double the Uber average, with fewer rides, + $26 in cash tips. I don't yet know if I have any in app tips to collect as well. This is a no brainer, at least here in Indianapolis.

I'm going to go ahead and make the 20 "busy hours", which should put me at 10% bonus Saturday at noon. I can also see 50 hours this week, so I can get the 20% bonus.

My Uber average dollars per trip is $8
My Lyft average dollars per trip is $15

So, for every hundred dollars, I can make 15 Uber trips or 8 Lyft trips. Seems like an easy choice except for the longer pickup distances.

Lyft trips include longer distance pickups.
Lyft trips include 80% of passengers tipping me something, either in app or in cash.
Lyft trips include longer dwell time between pings. I usually find a wifi spot and hang, or just drive home.

I'll have better numbers on Sunday after I have a day with 90% of fares.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts