Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promise I am not trying to be funny here but what is striking for a weekend going to really do?
NOTHING. First and foremost I think striking on the weekend in general is dumb because it's way too many part timer on the weekend that don't use Uber as their only source of income and will drive regardless doing the strike. Also striking on the weekend wont get many complaints from riders to uber because wow their going to be late for brunch? Or the bar? Or the club... Do they really care? No their to drunk to care. The strike should've been during the week doing peak time when part-timers are at work. Also when riders need to get to work on time and if not penalized, they will then take their frustration out on Uber. Also instead of canceling request and playing with the uber app doing the strike, why not just drive for LYFT. Prep for this preparation right now, but telling riders NOW about the strike and refer them to Lyft. Drive for lyft until uber get their mind right. If they never get their mind right stay with lyft and continue making awareness to lyft any chance you get and put uber out of business.

·
Registered
235 Posts
In areas like Austin, the college kids depend on Uber to get around, since most don't have cars. Most of them have Uber accounts that Mommy and Daddy pay for with their credit cards. They don't have cash to pay cabs, and generally are too cheap to pay for it themselves.

I don't know if the strike will do any good, but unless the drivers do SOMETHING, nothing will change.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
It will bring attention to a problem that most people are unaware of? In our world, justice is served by media exposure, nothing else. Uber has set rates unreasonably low and I think our main demand is centered around that. All we ask is that we get paid our worth and the world stop pretending that we're getting rich off this and Uber is to thank. No, they are not to thank. This strike will wake people up hopefully and everyone will stop bowing down to this ******ed company.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
None of the 27 riders that I took today knew anything about an uber strike, but 70% of sure as hell knew that the taxi were striking.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It will bring attention to a problem that most people are unaware of? In our world, justice is served by media exposure, nothing else. Uber has set rates unreasonably low and I think our main demand is centered around that. All we ask is that we get paid our worth and the world stop pretending that we're getting rich off this and Uber is to thank. No, they are not to thank. This strike will wake people up hopefully and everyone will stop bowing down to this ******ed company.
There is no way anyone can pay you what you're worth. Unless you have a self worth that is measured in dollars. And I'm sorry there is nothing special about any one of us they can make it worth any dollar amount.

Here's another point of view

Your net worth is in the red people are paying you money which is in the black you are being paid more than you're worth

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I understand the frustrations that people are having towards Uber, especially from the people that have been doing this for much longer than me but I think this strike is the most poorly planned idea I have ever seen. It was inspired by the DFW situation and that goober Abe Hussein just wanted to take a piggy back ride. The demands have changed so many times and there has also been people that are claiming to take an offensive strategy towards the company they demand more from. I'm sorry but this is not how you do it.

Not only that but the demands are seriously hilarious. If you can't realize that uber isn't going to increase it's per mile rates then you clearly do not understand strategy. They are not going to do it. They are not going to give Lyft the chance to be the cheaper option. It's not going to happen!

Instead, the strike should have been geared towards getting Uber to implement an in-app tipping option. Someone else posted an article that states Lyfts tipping option has earned drivers $4 million bucks!

BOOM! There is your money.

That's all you need, for now? It doesn't cost Uber a ****ing dime. It could be a game changer.

Uber is NOT going to change it's entire business strategy to make a small percentage of it's drives happier but if the drivers participating in this strike pushed for the tipping feature it could be something that everyone can get on board with.

If uber raises it's rates, some pax will get pissy (sad but true). Lyft gains an edge (lower rates) but if everyone pushed for the tipping option no one can really complain...

The non-tippers will still not tip. The people that tip will feel better now that they have the option and drivers can potentially make more money. Uber can't defend that they can't afford it.. because they are not paying the tips! No one can complain about rates going up because tipping is still optional (if available)

Seriously though, this strike is a joke and nothing will change. It will be a great weekend for anyone on the roads if people do strike. Uber will not meet those demands, sorry, that's just how I see it.

Everyone should've had more laser-like focus and put a pin point on a tipping feature. That in my opinion is the largest game changer for the driver without tampering with Ubers market strategy.

Even if the average person tipped $2 and 150 out of 300 pax per week tipped that's still a nice raise of $300 a week.

Reactions: AFL2015

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Instead, the strike should have been geared towards getting Uber to implement an in-app tipping option. Someone else posted an article that states Lyfts tipping option has earned drivers $4 million bucks!
Whereas I feel that the tipping option (no matter HOW much it is needed), is the one point Uber will *never* cave on.

You see, if Uber adds a tipping option, then Uber is admitting that they were wrong about "no need to tip". The Uber platform creates the illusion of highly paid private drivers. Every Uber commercial talks about "life changing money" and earning "$500 a day". Your passengers think you go home at night and roll around in your bed naked on top of all the cash you earn - they can't afford to shatter that illusion.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
There is no way anyone can pay you what you're worth. Unless you have a self worth that is measured in dollars. And I'm sorry there is nothing special about any one of us they can make it worth any dollar amount.

Here's another point of view

Your net worth is in the red people are paying you money which is in the black you are being paid more than you're worth
*slow clap*

Alright dreamland is over. In the real world you can determine worth based on what is fair when you run the numbers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lyft in my city is Slooooowwww. Last night I got a ping for Lyft from 11 miles away! I'm not driving 22 miles round trip to potentially make $2.50
Simple supply and demand concept. Lyft does not have an adequate supply of passengers. At least not here.
But if you promote lyft to your uber clients then you can make more business with lyft and ditch uber

1 - 14 of 14 Posts