Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Online last night for 3.5 hours. 3 total rides, for a total of $23. (My cut)
The only positive was I had a very short deadhead trip home since the last pax drop off was 4 blocks from my house.

So where's all this added demand they were spouting off about when they cut the rates last week?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UBER: It's a busy morning in Austin as people head to work to start the day - head online to take advantage of mid-week rush hour demand! t.uber.com/drive-now

Really?

·
Registered
96 Posts
UBER: It's a busy morning in Austin as people head to work to start the day - head online to take advantage of mid-week rush hour demand! t.uber.com/drive-now

Really?
For $hits and giggles, I've had my Uber partner app on all morning (since 6:30am). I've had one ping all morning at 8:30am when I was already in the office, at my desk. Demand is NOT up as far as I can see. I also work quite close to The Domain so there SHOULD be demand...but there's not.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm downtown. App isn't on, but just the four or five block radius around my building isn't any busier than normal, in fact, it looks like it's less busy.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Online last night for 3.5 hours. 3 total rides, for a total of $23. (My cut)
The only positive was I had a very short deadhead trip home since the last pax drop off was 4 blocks from my house.

So where's all this added demand they were spouting off about when they cut the rates last week?
So you ended up in the negative side of earnings. Who drives a Taxi and ends up losing out of their pocket to transport people. What is wrong with some people. Uber on.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm online now, been waiting for the first ping for about 15 minutes so far. At least I'm sittimg on my couch watching TV

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
38 minutes for the first ping, back to back rides that were a little over $10 each -Uber cut. Now I'll see how long I sit.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just be thankful you haven't had to go to the B on the G. Then you would be in a world of pain. Pickup can be ok when it is over, though.
Just don't accept any trip that is deep in the Zilker area. If it comes from S Lamar you can find a way to maneuver out of traffic.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts