2,999 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not bad considering how slow it’s been
We have decent bonus this weekend
Can probably make more per hour this weekend
This was all Uber x, I have my go to spots when it's slow, 5 years of experience, really love ubering. Yesterday was painful, 32 in a day in a slow time, was worried I'd hit the 16 hour driving limit but I hit goal with 2 hours to spare! 😌

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I wish my city was a destination city like yours. Unfortunately no one really wants to come here unless it’s for baseball, in which they just drive, or for business, which has mostly stopped due to flights cancelling and companies having the ability to conduct their work online.

Nice work though, hopefully it can stay consistent for you.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish my city was a destination city like yours. Unfortunately no one really wants to come here unless it’s for baseball, in which they just drive, or for business, which has mostly stopped due to flights cancelling and companies having the ability to conduct their work online.

Nice work though, hopefully it can stay consistent for you.
I hope not, this wasn't really a brag, it is relatively slow for me, no surges and not much ctb past week. I was just making a point for people that constantly get on here complain and make excuses. This is one of the few cities where having a good attitude, good business sense, and work ethic can make Uber a legitimate full-time job. I'm actually going to try to delete this post soon, we have enough people driving here, and I actually hope the negative people make more posts to scare the weak drivers off, and I can keep making a living in silence.

·
Banned
500 Posts
This was all Uber x, I have my go to spots when it's slow, 5 years of experience, really love ubering. Yesterday was painful, 32 in a day in a slow time, was worried I'd hit the 16 hour driving limit but I hit goal with 2 hours to spare! 😌
16 hour limit? I thought it was 12, it sure is in NJ. But you avoid that by running both apps, you’ll almost never time out, the only time I do so is when I pick the higher quests, as I only use Uber. On NYE I did time out at 10pm, as I didn’t want to deal with drunks, I thought I’d start early in the morning, my thinking was so many drivers would be home, resting for the big night, while pax still need to go to work, appointments etc. I was wrong, it was very slow between 6am and 12pm. It picked up around 3, and was fast and furious from 6-10, but I timed out, could’ve used Lyft, but after 16 hours I was ready to go home, and of course be with the wife at midnight. Next year I’m probably taking a vacation, since it’s slow the first week or 2 of January.

sorry for the long rant

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
16 hour limit? I thought it was 12, it sure is in NJ. But you avoid that by running both apps, you’ll almost never time out, the only time I do so is when I pick the higher quests, as I only use Uber. On NYE I did time out at 10pm, as I didn’t want to deal with drunks, I thought I’d start early in the morning, my thinking was so many drivers would be home, resting for the big night, while pax still need to go to work, appointments etc. I was wrong, it was very slow between 6am and 12pm. It picked up around 3, and was fast and furious from 6-10, but I timed out, could’ve used Lyft, but after 16 hours I was ready to go home, and of course be with the wife at midnight. Next year I’m probably taking a vacation, since it’s slow the first week or 2 of January.

sorry for the long rant
It's 16 hours here, per state of Nevada. That is mandated by state. I prefer sticking to one app to reap the max benefits of the bonus structure of the app. I usually don't hit the limit anyway, maybe 3 or 4 times in 5 years of full time driving. I turned it off in slower areas and drove back to bust area to preserve in all time tracked.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I

Wow, I honestly can't imagine doing 32 rides in a day.

How much of this was quest?
Most I've done in 24 hour period was in the lower 40s. Remember in Vegas people often get rides to go 3 minutes down the road to another hotel, I've even had one minute fares 😂. I had 32 rides left to hit a 90 ride quest so made it happen. I don't remember how much of it was ctbs, probably not much, last week was lite on those until weekend.

32 rides in 1 day..my car is crying for a rest..
I bought my car brand new off the truck with 5 miles on it almost 3 months ago so IDGAF. Extended warranty too👍🏿

·
Banned
500 Posts
It's 16 hours here, per state of Nevada. That is mandated by state. I prefer sticking to one app to reap the max benefits of the bonus structure of the app. I usually don't hit the limit anyway, maybe 3 or 4 times in 5 years of full time driving. I turned it off in slower areas and drove back to bust area to preserve in all time tracked.
Oh I thought it was an Uber mandate, the 12 hours, I didn’t realize it varies from state to state. Its insane that they’ll let you go 16 hours, although I’ve done as much as 19 hours between both apps, if it’s busy, and I’m not tired, I’ll keep going. It’s sometimes feast or famine in NJ, so I fatten up when it’s busy, relax when it’s slow.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
. I had 32 rides left to hit a 90 ride quest so made it happen.
How much was the 90 ride quest?
I'm just curious what different cites get. Mine have been crap, $40/ 50 weekdays... $55/50 weekend.

I could probably manage 20 or even 30 in a day if I got some shorties, I just couldn't actually doing it lol. I am usually very part time.

Its insane that they’ll let you go 16 hours,
I remember when there wasn't a limit at all. As it is now, here anyway, it's 12 hours of driving. Once your car stops moving for a minute, the timer stops.

·
Premium Member
11,996 Posts
Well I forgot it was vegas. I lived thier 8 months in the 80s . Totally different place to drive. You can only go so far.
In boca. Like poster above and here. You can get longer rides easier.
Also in my area years ago. 90 rides uber x would have gotten you $2000 plus when we had normal surge.
As most driver shut app off till surge. A ride to nyc 107 miles could net you $300.
But based on new year. Low surged mon. Thur Thursday. Good $$ made.
I just cannot do 90 rides anymore. Its be long time since I broke 60..
I shoot for gross if I can not quests of large amounts of rides. So about $12 a ride you made...probably many 5 min or less rides.
Hopefully miles and fuel were low.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts