Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something here ? I thought there was an option to book in advance, I have gone through every clickable icon on my Uber app but there is option to Schedule a ride..where is the button to select a date?? My app just goes from select location/destination/ select car, then " call uber" ..no where where it gives option to select time and date for future booking.

can anyone help ?

Brgds

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Am I missing something here ? I thought there was an option to book in advance, I have gone through every clickable icon on my Uber app but there is option to Schedule a ride..where is the button to select a date?? My app just goes from select location/destination/ select car, then " call uber" ..no where where it gives option to select time and date for future booking.

can anyone help ?

Brgds
It doesn't matter. Uber just pings a driver anyway. They don't actually book anyone in advance.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
A few weeks ago I had a pax tell me that I was 10 minutes early for their scheduled ride and that I needed to wait. I cancelled the ride.
All Uber has to do is show on the ping screen that it's a scheduled ride and the pickup time requested by the pax, along with the address, rating etc. Then the driver can decide if he wants to do the pickup at that time or not. Too easy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the inputs everyone- they rolled out this "book ahead" beta thing and SF is on the selected cities so I thought Oakland would be included..i need to scheduale a ride on thanksgiving evening..this is why I want to do it ahead of time..it may or may not surge like crazy so if I were to book in advance atleast I would be locked into a price (or atleast that's my understanding)..

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
thanks for the inputs everyone- they rolled out this "book ahead" beta thing and SF is on the selected cities so I thought Oakland would be included..i need to scheduale a ride on thanksgiving evening..this is why I want to do it ahead of time..it may or may not surge like crazy so if I were to book in advance atleast I would be locked into a price (or atleast that's my understanding)..
If it is surging you will be notified of the surge and have to accept it. You do not get out of surge just by booking ahead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1on1 - You can use Kommen to schedule your ride anywhere Uber is available -
go to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.kommen.kommen for Android
and: www.trykommen.com for IOS.

can anyone help ?

Brgds

·
Registered
87 Posts

can anyone help ?

Brgds
**** off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts