Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
1st rider 3.6x, 2nd 3.3x, 3rd 1.3x.

checked payout, all riders paid as 3.6x.

pool is doable when surge 3 and up
Thanks, good to know.

I accepted a 2.5x pool today and ended up canceling two additional riders because the app showed a lower surge rate. I didn't trust Uber to pay me out fairly but I will now.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Thanks, good to know.

I accepted a 2.5x pool today and ended up canceling two additional riders because the app showed a lower surge rate. I didn't trust Uber to pay me out fairly but I will now.
Are you really going to the waybill page while driving a pax around to check surge multipliers?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Like high surge X trips that you land flawlessly, like cancel fees that pay out without issue, like quest bonuses that show up in your pay out

Just because it works out for you now doesn't mean clear sailing from here on..

It's just how uber does things. Nothing is garrenteed with uber, and when you start to feel trust towards features set out for drivers, that's when you should be most suspicious, they're not known for lasting very long

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
Like high surge X trips that you land flawlessly, like cancel fees that pay out without issue, like quest bonuses that show up in your pay out

Just because it works out for you now doesn't mean clear sailing from here on..

It's just how uber does things. Nothing is garrenteed with uber, and when you start to feel trust towards features set out for drivers, that's when you should be most suspicious, they're not known for lasting very long
Not a matter of IF, but WHEN...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks, good to know.

Once you accept a high surge pool trip just go to option and select the "go offline after this trip" button or what ever it says. That way you won't be bothered by anymore requests.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Once you accept a high surge pool trip just go to option and select the "go offline after this trip" button or what ever it says. That way you won't be bothered by anymore requests.
I usually do this depending on the situation. My tendency is to go offline once I've accepted any request. I was just testing out the "driver-friendly" changes to pool.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u cant see the surge rate after trip completed. u gotta do the math urself.

if the 1st rider u picked up got 2.0x surge, then the subsequent 2nd, 3rd rider will all pay u the same 2.0x surge. fare and surge amount will be the same. these riders must be on the same Pool trip

·
Registered
404 Posts
u cant see the surge rate after trip completed. u gotta do the math urself.

if the 1st rider u picked up got 2.0x surge, then the subsequent 2nd, 3rd rider will all pay u the same 2.0x surge. fare and surge amount will be the same. these riders must be on the same Pool trip
Oh... never mind. I'm too lazy to do that. I'll probably just go back to ignoring pool requests.

I like the comfort of knowing what rate I'm accepting (Lyft, are you reading this?). I always keep my Uber app in the background when I'm online because that particular notification banner shows me the surge multiple when a ride request comes in.

And because I don't want other drivers to know that I'm getting my full-time side-hustle on...

·
Registered
617 Posts
So before these changes.. Riders would split the cost of a pool ride? So if for example the total cost of the ride from A to B is $10, and 2 x pax both going to the same place they would pay $5 each, then how does it work with say a 2.0x surge in the same situation?

·
Registered
364 Posts
So my big question is did Uber assign you any pool riders that significantly increased the length of the trip? That's the only way I'll accept more riders, but Uber might have algorithms that don't want to add pool riders if they will have to pay higher surge on those riders going a longer distance than be first pax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.