Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the usual 2nd street annoying rides that kill my ratings and next thing you know got to take pax and baby with fever to Children's Hospital right now right now for about $8 after Uber cut

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Taking the usual 2nd street annoying rides that kill my ratings and next thing you know got to take pax and baby with fever to Children's Hospital right now right now for about $8 after Uber cut
I've had to do a couple er runs myself....lucky it was a short ride. Don't want to try and explain how pax died in car to Uber or po po. I get it it's cheaper for pax than an ambulance, but with an ambulance you get immediate assistance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I forgot what celebrity and which talk show, but you can try Googling it. There was a female celebrity that said on a talk show that she chose to call an Uber to go to the hospital for a baby delivery than the ambulance because she felt Uber was more reliable.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I forgot what celebrity and which talk show, but you can try Googling it. There was a female celebrity that said on a talk show that she chose to call an Uber to go to the hospital for a baby delivery than the ambulance because she felt Uber was more reliable.
Not to mention ubers cheaper and we are within a few minutes of the person. We have a quicker response time.

I have taken a guy that was having a heart attack to the hospital. He chose uber cause it's cheaper and quicker. He didn't want to goto a rinky dink hospital. So I brought him to cedars in BH from Howard Hughes center. That was a good ride. $70. But an ambulance would've probably brought him into Marina. Wouldn't have given him the choice to goto cedars

There has been about 4 more. Not as serious, but not that uncommon.

When is uber going to put the emergency lights on my car? Ambulance gets about $500 for transporting peeps to the ER. We should get an automatic $250 for dropping off at the ER

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ambulances cost hundreds of dollars even if it's minimal care they give, while uber is a couple dollars. A fare is a fare. Now if someone was puking nonstop, bleeding, etc then I'll tell them to eat it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Not to mention ubers cheaper and we are within a few minutes of the person. We have a quicker response time.

I have taken a guy that was having a heart attack to the hospital. He chose uber cause it's cheaper and quicker. He didn't want to goto a rinky dink hospital. So I brought him to cedars in BH from Howard Hughes center. That was a good ride. $70. But an ambulance would've probably brought him into Marina. Wouldn't have given him the choice to goto cedars

There has been about 4 more. Not as serious, but not that uncommon.

When is uber going to put the emergency lights on my car? Ambulance gets about $500 for transporting peeps to the ER. We should get an automatic $250 for dropping off at the ER
A heart attack is pretty serious!!! My pax was oding I think pax reeked of alcohol and could not stop jaw from moving. I floored it to the er

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I've picked up from the ER too. One that sticks out was a Sunday morning left over from a bar fight. Dude had his skull cracked open. Brought him and his gf home to Venice from St. John's

·
Registered
429 Posts
Picked up some lady once, told her if she was ok, she was rude as ***. yelling at me. even slammed the door on her way out when I told her "I hope everything is ok" gave her 2 stars.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I get a ping tonight, about 3 blocks from home. Roll over there, waiting outside for a couple of minutes. Guy calls me, says "oh I'll be right down, I'm with my mother, blah blah". It's not a Select, it's an X but I decide to wait since it's the last run of the night. A couple of minutes later, guy comes down... a total slob, one of these Santa Monica deadbeats living in his $400 rent control apartment a block from the beach, he says, "Oh, my mother just fell and cut her arm. Can you help me?" I say, "Help you?" "Yeah, take me to an urgent care or something? She's bleeding, her arm is bleeding all over the place. Is there an Urgent Care or something around here?! Or a clinic?! You should know where to take us, dude!"

I say, "This isn't an ambulance, man. Those are leather seats. Good luck." Rolled off before he could say anything else.

Switched back to Select, ended up taking some chick from Santa Monica to the Chateau Marmont for $54.00.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts