Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so proud of myself! I took my first 2 rides today. I started at 1:30 and I would say within 5 minutes of being on-line I got my first ping. I know I only did 2 rides, but that's all I could handle for my first day, lol. I look forward to it tomorrow. I will start earlier and go longer. I have a feeling it's a little addicting. :)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Yes congratz!

Trust me it will become less addicting when 8 out of 10 pings are of the $2.40 variety.
Now, now. If she stays out of Hartford county a 25% commission min net is $3.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
So is it true or not?
Check your agreement and do some research. The increase to 25% is coming. I believe it is already in other markets. Good luck with your adventure. Try not to micromanage and most importantly, do not concern yourself with your driver rating until you have a significant number of rides under your belt. At least a hundred, which really isn't many rides anyway...... The less you worry about your ratings, the better. Trust your own judgement with respect to how a ride went. Learn how to communicate effectively with your pax. The rating system is just a number and the math is rigged.

Take control of your car. Go to a pin and start the timer. Every time you feel an urge to race off and chase a surge, remind yourself they found the right string, but the wrong yo-yo. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Yes - I stated 25% based on what I heard new riders are getting. Please take a look at those first few trips on your app (your net earnings) and on your desktop (your gross earnings). Take the gross fare, subtract $1, and see if the difference between gross and net is 25% or 20%. Please let us know. Chicabby keeps a tab on what new players are getting paid.

The point about Hartford is that it is a lower rate than the rest of CT. CT has a base fare of $2 + $0.18/min + $1.50/mi. Hartford is $1.75/$.16/$1.10. Your takes of that is EITHER: CT $1.40/$0.144/$1.20 or Hartford $1.31/$0.12/$0.825.

So, if you're a new partner in Hartford, your net is 82.5 cents per mile. Plus minutes and base.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im brand new working part time. Took 2 riders yesterday. Both fares were a little over 14.00 and I made a little over 10.00 on each and didn't drive that far on either. I'm looking to make extra money, not become a millionaire doing this part time. Going to work longer hours today. I think expectations for this job can be blown out of proportions. If you want to have fun, network, enjoy people, and make extra money, this is for you. If you're looking to get rich, this isn't for you, you should go a different direction.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I'm so proud of myself! I took my first 2 rides today. I started at 1:30 and I would say within 5 minutes of being on-line I got my first ping. I know I only did 2 rides, but that's all I could handle for my first day, lol. I look forward to it tomorrow. I will start earlier and go longer. I have a feeling it's a little addicting. :)
Congrats to you!!!! Now, take my advice: don't stay on these forums too much. If you've already figured out why then you've been on the forum too much :0

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Im brand new working part time. Took 2 riders yesterday. Both fares were a little over 14.00 and I made a little over 10.00 on each and didn't drive that far on either. I'm looking to make extra money, not become a millionaire doing this part time. Going to work longer hours today. I think expectations for this job can be blown out of proportions. If you want to have fun, network, enjoy people, and make extra money, this is for you. If you're looking to get rich, this isn't for you, you should go a different direction.
You made less than $10

1 - 20 of 26 Posts