Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago, I ordered my first ride. Driver 4.0 and I cancel immediately. No way I'm riding with a low rates driver. In my panic to cancel, I didn't take a moment to realize that a perfect 4.0 screams "new driver" and not "creepy freak". Fast forward and I still feel terrible I cancelled. I go peak at the ride in my history. Face is familiar. I go to my semi-regular spot for coffee and BOOM! I cancelled my ride with one of my favorite employees at my coffee spot! He would have been my first driver! I'm going back this week and giving him $5.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That's so nice that you are going to give him a good tip next time you see him! Most folks wouldn't think twice about what you described. You are good people!!

Of course...there is the possibility that he is a terrible driver and is trying to coast until he's deactivated...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He had literally just started (I asked him). He said he was super nervous (hence the four stars). I didn't have the $5 on me at that moment or I would have given it then (I only have tip money when other people tip me which is one day a week. Lol) he's such a sweetheart.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Right?! It is hard to tip when using only uber tips. You are so sweet for wanting to make up for cancelling on him.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
What's the problem Cesar's Palace is a 4 star hotel

I had a 4.2 last week because a drunk ass 1 stared me...new drivers is too easy to have a 4. Two fives and two 3s or 3 fives and a 1?...there you go as it just takes one drunk.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Two weeks ago, I ordered my first ride. Driver 4.0 and I cancel immediately. No way I'm riding with a low rates driver. In my panic to cancel, I didn't take a moment to realize that a perfect 4.0 screams "new driver" and not "creepy freak". Fast forward and I still feel terrible I cancelled. I go peak at the ride in my history. Face is familiar. I go to my semi-regular spot for coffee and BOOM! I cancelled my ride with one of my favorite employees at my coffee spot! He would have been my first driver! I'm going back this week and giving him $5.
I've only been driving for about a week/ 10 trips 4.9 rating. Glad you're giving the guy another chance.

I told my first Pax it was my first trip. It was an Aussie and his girlfriend who was local. 100% tip.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've only been driving for about a week/ 10 trips 4.9 rating. Glad you're giving the guy another chance.

I told my first Pax it was my first trip. It was an Aussie and his girlfriend who was local. 100% tip.
Nice!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Six fives, one four, one three, one two and a one. The possibilities are endless.
Was also calculating the different combos! But I'm bad at math...obvious, I know--driving at $1.20 a mile and still trying to make the math work out to reflect a decent profit. Ha!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts