Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
What does 4g do? It uses sim card data?
It has a SIM where it records most things and it also automatically uploads "events" to the cloud, allows me to view the camera from my phone (today there was a firmware update that would allow me to talk to someone in the car), and it supposedly sends notifications to the app if anything happens while you're away. I've been meaning to call and to see why I'm not getting notifications even though they are turned on (could be spotty access to a 4G signal).

·
Registered
769 Posts
Mine has an SD card as well...I wasn't paying attention when I agreed it was a SIM. 🤣 Had to buy the microSD card separately - a 256gb high endurance microSD card.

I think the technology for the 4G is embedded in the camera itself (no SIM).

·
Premium Member
8,668 Posts
How do you know? I got a HQ sd card
Seems like the SD cards won't last long. I think I corrupted an SD card in like 3 months of driving 14 hour daily shifts. Too many read/writes wears them out. Also, how do you get the data off of it? It was a major pain with my other camera taking out the card, plugging it into a computer, using awful proprietary software to download the files onto my computer.

I use my cell phone as a dash cam now because of the hassle of dealing with SD cards.

They got 1 terabytes sd these dayz
But the device says it won't work with cards that large.

·
Read Only
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems like the SD cards won't last long. I think I corrupted an SD card in like 3 months of driving 14 hour daily shifts. Too many read/writes wears them out. Also, how do you get the data off of it? It was a major pain with my other camera taking out the card, plugging it into a computer, using awful proprietary software to download the files onto my computer.

I use my cell phone as a dash cam now because of the hassle of dealing with SD cards.

But the device says it won't work with cards that large.
Gotta format it and it should still work. I got this Secure360 more for hit and runs, I had another Uber driver back up into me after he dropped off his pax and I was dropping off mine and he lied to insurance, guy was a religious man too so never imagined he would lie. They put fault on me and now some insurance companies like AllState don't want me .

·
Registered
769 Posts
Oh, no cloud function? transferring video to a cell phone after the impact detected?
The 4G version automatically uploads to the cloud. Videos on the non-4G version would be downloadable to your phone while it's present. I'm not sure if it auto-uploads to the phone since mine uploads to the cloud, which I can view then download to my phone manually.

Bought the same one for the wife's car, had to uninstall it kept drawing the battery. Waylen's Wouldn't help terrible customer service.
I'm not sure if you returned it or not, but in the event you still have it...there are multiple battery settings. If the car isn't driven every day it shouldn't be on "daily driver" or it will drain the battery, otherwise it really shouldn't drain the battery. I haven't had that issue myself yet. 😳

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
The 4G version automatically uploads to the cloud. Videos on the non-4G version would be downloadable to your phone while it's present. I'm not sure if it auto-uploads to the phone since mine uploads to the cloud, which I can view then download to my phone manually.

I'm not sure if you returned it or not, but in the event you still have it...there are multiple battery settings. If the car isn't driven every day it shouldn't be on "daily driver" or it will drain the battery, otherwise it really shouldn't drain the battery. I haven't had that issue myself yet. 😳
Had it set for non-dail, Waylen's wouldn't take it back since I bought it from Best Buy and couldn't return it to them since it was past their return period. Tried it at the lowest settings I could set, only thing Waylens said is that hooked it up to the battery wrong, told them I doubt that since plugs directly into the OBD2 port.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Had it set for non-dail, Waylen's wouldn't take it back since I bought it from Best Buy and couldn't return it to them since it was past their return period. Tried it at the lowest settings I could set, only thing Waylens said is that hooked it up to the battery wrong, told them I doubt that since plugs directly into the OBD2 port.
Ah, I had mine professionally hardwired instead of using the OBD port.

I don't know how long ago you bought the dash cam, but some credit cards will "return" items that you can't return to the store. I know one of mine has that feature, but I haven't tried to use it so I don't know how that works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.