Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assert you are paying to drive ubers passengers for about half of minimum wage.

It costs money to operate a car. Uber's product to its passengers is your car being driven by you charged by the minute and the mile.

What does it cost to operate a car per mile? Posts on this forum i have read state anywhere between 20 to 70 cents per mile with the most common single estimate mentioned being the IRS deduction per mile for business related driving. Its 54 cents this year, and was 57.5 last year, maybe because of cheaper gas.

In December 2013 consumer reports rated the Toyota Prius for the second year as the best value per mile of ownership over five years. If you bought a new prius you would spend 47 cents per mile for the first five years you owned it according to consumer reports. Car ownership generally gets cheaper per mile as a car gets older.

In Miami the base uber rate is 85 cents. If half your miles driven are paid at this rate and you drive 20 miles in a certain time frame you get a total pay of $6.12 after uber takes a 28% cut.

If you drove your new 2013 prius in the 2014 Miami economy at uber's pay rate you paid $9.40 cents to do it.

Thats right, you paid 9.40 to drive miami's finest and uber gave you $6.12.

What about the pay per minute? If you carry passengers half the time during your shift your Miami pay rate is
is $3.90 because uber pays 13 cents a mile.

So you are paying to drive uber's passengers for about half of minimum wage.

I think you might make more money during surges.

Spread the word.

All numbers quoted in this post are searchable online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, if you have 10 hours then your time should be 72 + .54/mile.
big round numbers;
(10 hours x min.wage) + (10 rides at 5 miles ea. x $0.54) = $72 + 50 mi. x .54 = $72 +$27 = $99

1 - 3 of 3 Posts