Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14FCDDBC-DFD8-4184-889C-2A689E060BEB.jpeg

In the spirit of Thanksgiving (or whatever you prefer to call it) and the start of the Holiday season I'd like to hear what some of y'all are thankful for. The skies are gray and it's chilly here today so I need some positivity. Doesn't have to be rideshare related.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am thankful for that dude I picked up after the Cowboys game during a 2x surge who lived a full 60 miles away!

I am thankful for my health and the health of my family. I am thankful for everyday that tragedy doesn't come our way. I am thankful and grateful for living in the USA. I am thankful for '80s hair metal!

·
Administrator
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The imagination of childhood displayed thru LEGOs
Hey...what happened to your original response, I had to google what it was by the way. :D:D

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Healthy family

Turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing flowing with gravy and warm buttered roll

Cocktail sauce and shrimp appetizers

Ubers heart warming $22 dollar quest for weekday.

Two Fantasy football teams and the five players playing tomorrow

Beer

relaxing night off from meeting strangers for bus fare prices

Freedom of speech!!!!!!

·
Administrator
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve got a gratitude list a mile long, but I am perpetually thankful that I have a roof over my head, a healthy as-can-be family and a refrigerator that always has food in it.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
The basics. Food, health, somehow getting a nicer car after the crap I went through last year and Uber/Lyft for allowing me to work a job where I don't have to sell stuff or deal with people who wants things you don't have in stock.

I'll most likely have to deal with that again for the Winter because I'm not putting winter miles on my newer car, but again just gotta be thankful you can feed yourself turkey and breathe sometimes.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I'm thankful that I was able to retire from a full time job and collect a pension.

I'm thankful that I made it to age 65 and am still alive and kicking. When at least one of my exes didn't. And I'm glad I didn't stay with that ex for the 22 years in between there.

I'm thankful that my parents are still alive and doing okay in their late 90s. I had no idea they'd do so well. I am truly blessed to still have them in my life.

I'm thankful that my part time consulting job took me south this week. It's warmer in Mexico than in Texas right now. And I'm thankful that I'll be flying home to my Significant Other on the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving! And now start behaving, so that Santa Claus may overlook some of your earlier screwups this year.

Christine

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I'm thankful for this community: the things I've learned here; the people I've met: the friendships and laughs. Without Uber I'd never have known about you guys and your joys and struggles. I'm thankful for the mods who take their time, without pay to keep us within the realms of civility.

I'm thankful for my family and that my son is still alive and doing well after almost dying in August. This is a Thanksgiving where I've never been this thankful ever.

I'm thankful for Uber because there's been times I needed to just be part of something different than my usual life these past 2 and a half years. For the people I've met who I won't forget, for the times I've been able to help people especially women, get home safely late at night when they were in worse shape than Russia. For the things I've learned and the accidents I've dodged, the puke I've dodged, and the few escalating incidents that I came away unscathed from, I'm truly grateful.

Thank you MHR for this post
:)

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I’m thankful for UP.net and the mods who make it work. I’m thankful that I’m on the road to independence and prosperity despite Luber LOL. I’m thankful for my family and my SO. I’m thankful that I’ve broken a certain pattern of bad habits, depression, avoidance, anxiety.

Also.. sorry for the sarcasm and rideshare-induced negativity, LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Grateful that I live in area without gunshots being heard.

Grateful that I live in a country with enough freedom that we can b---- about Uber or Trump or anything else without being arrested. Grateful for the soldiers who sacrificed to bring us this freedom, over and over.

Grateful for the relatively good health that most of my friends and family enjoy.

Grateful that I somehow haven't ended up in jail or dead after some of the crazy shit that I've been through.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts