Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

We didn't sign this winter rate?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 50 screenshots I'm in the hottest surge zone. Don't get a trip but when I do its 8 miles 15 minutes outside of surge zone. I've never been pulled into surge zone only repeatedly pulled out. I was in a area were surge is normal I was in the heart beat sat there and watched it start orange get bigger then get red and then the brightest red the whole time I'm online right in don't get anything during the brightest red I get a trip 5 miles away nonsurge.

· Registered
301 Posts
The pax are waiting for the surge to die; they simply press the "Notify me when surge expires" button and relax. That coupled with the fact that the other drivers are letting the non surge pax ping through, you end up with the non surge rate. You can either 1) accept the ping and give the ride; 2) let the ping expire; or 3) accept ride and cancel.

· Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I have 50 screenshots I'm in the hottest surge zone. Don't get a trip but when I do its 8 miles 15 minutes outside of surge zone. I've never been pulled into surge zone only repeatedly pulled out. I was in a area were surge is normal I was in the heart beat sat there and watched it start orange get bigger then get red and then the brightest red the whole time I'm online right in don't get anything during the brightest red I get a trip 5 miles away nonsurge.
Getting a ping from a surge zone might not get you a surge fare anyway. Uber has been denying more and more of my claims that it was surging when I accepted the ride , while Uber claims it wasnt surging when the PAX ordered the ride. It's gotten a lot worse lately and happening over 50 % of the time now. More like 80 % of the time.

· Premium Member
921 Posts
Do you have the passenger version of the app?
Drop the pin next to your car somewhere and see if it has that surge warning near the minimum fare. If it does, then you're in a real surge zone. If it doesn't, you're in the Ubertwilight Surge Zone, a strategic lie by TK and his minions at Uber HQ to mess with you.

· Registered
341 Posts
there's been posts on here about "fake surge" and I know it's true. same situation, only driver in surge area and no pings. when I get one it's outside surge.
Omg that's been happening so often I hate it
Another POS move by uber I now have to watch for.

Tell me...is this, by any chance, passenger in surge area dropping pin outside surge area?
(seems unlikely, just checking)

· Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Do you have the passenger version of the app?
Drop the pin next to your car somewhere and see if it has that surge warning near the minimum fare. If it does, then you're in a real surge zone. If it doesn't, you're in the Ubertwilight Surge Zone, a strategic lie by TK and his minions at Uber HQ to mess with you.
I got the PAX app. Most surges here are of
Another POS move by uber I now have to watch for.

Tell me...is this, by any chance, passenger in surge area dropping pin outside surge area?
(seems unlikely, just checking)
Its about lag time between the PAX app and the driver app the way I understand it.. Still showing a surge on drivers app for awhile even though the surge expired when the PAX finally orders the ride.Funny,not so funny actually that ,this technology company cant or wont coordinate the surges so they match up exactly on both apps.Not surprising either.

· Registered
958 Posts
The largest effect of a surge price is to limit demand. It's not surprising if demand would be higher outside of the surge zone. If you guys are all surge hunting then supply in the non surging zone may also have been completely depleted.

· Registered
128 Posts
Getting a ping from a surge zone might not get you a surge fare anyway. Uber has been denying more and more of my claims that it was surging when I accepted the ride , while Uber claims it wasnt surging when the PAX ordered the ride. It's gotten a lot worse lately and happening over 50 % of the time now. More like 80 % of the time.
Are you saying when the ping comes in it shows a surge multiplier, but then what you take the fare no surge is applied?

· Registered
430 Posts
Par for the course, unfortunately. Cancel if you feel you can sustain the acceptance hit.

· Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Are you saying when the ping comes in it shows a surge multiplier, but then what you take the fare no surge is applied?
Very rarely happens and it's been a few weeks since it did but there was a stretch one week when it happened 3 or 4 times for whatever reason. Support of course had no rational explanation and predictably did not credit me the Surge price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.