Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get got in that cluster F*** on I-70 this morning? Took 3 pax to DIA around 5:15, drove by the accident, traffic was backed to Airport Blvd and onto Pena. On the way back I took 56th and cut through Montbello to get out on Havana. Rolled back through an hour later, still closed, backup was to Tower, but Pena was clearing. On my way back, I took Pena to 225 to Colfax. Got another airport hit in Stapleton, still backed up, dropped at DIA was finally clear, 8 am ish.

I'm thinking a lot of drivers got caught up, watched Lyft hit 150% in downtown and Uber hit 1.7x in downtown briefly.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Wow that's a lot of action early in the morning . I need to start waking up earlier , I started at 630am got a couple uber select rides to the airport but struck out on the return ride on one of them making it a pretty much worthless trip .

I want to know how people are getting in these crazy accidents so early with practically no cars on the road ?

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The accident actually happened shortly after 4am, car stopped on the right shoulder caught fire, DPD stopped to help, another car slammed into the DPD cruiser, setting off a massive chain reaction. Two cars burned, DPD cruiser heavily damaged, 3 people taken to the hospital. That makes two bad ones this week in the early hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts