Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetically, of course, but if a Family friend tells you they want to take an Uber trip (Business trip so they need record of the fare), but they'd like you to take them, if you pulled up into their driveway and they did not request the ride until you were in the driveway, are you pretty well assured that you will get this ride since you are in their driveway?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I've done that for pax a lot ... usually a couple who wants to spend time but not the night together and pay their own rides ... take pax 1 home, end trip, pax 2 requests ride from my back seat, take pax 2 home. Also happens if someone misses a train and doesn't realize until after I end the trip

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Hypothetically, of course, but if a Family friend tells you they want to take an Uber trip (Business trip so they need record of the fare), but they'd like you to take them, if you pulled up into their driveway and they did not request the ride until you were in the driveway, are you pretty well assured that you will get this ride since you are in their driveway?
not necessarily, in my first year with Uber I had a pax sitting in my car and when pinging him twice he wouldn't get me as a driver, means "algorithm" , if I have turned down a previous request or missed it I will not get him but the next driver close to him will get it, even if i sit next to the pax..

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I think it's working better now then back then. It never worked tried at least half dozen tomes. Tried once recently and it worked! I was surprised and unhappy since it was a 5 that wrangled me for a short ride. Took them to point of of pickup. Tried to go offline but they caught it.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I agree with Nitedriver. Two or three times, I've had pax literally sitting in my car and ping went out to another guy over five minutes away. Twice, I think they got me after they cancelled the other guy. Once, they paid me cash to take them. One such incident happened last fall. I cancelled some rich Main Line girls for taking forever to walk from their gated estate to my car. They then appeared, apologized, and still wanted me to take them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts