Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
model S still goes around $70,000 for used.

a used bmw 3 or 5 hybrid goes around for $20,000-30,000

Lincoln MKZ Hybrid = lyft permier, Lyft Lux, Uber Select, 41mpg city 38 mpg highway.
Acura RLX Sport Hybird = Lyft Premier, Lyft Lux, Uber Select, (uber black when it's avaliable) 29 city, 30 highway
GMC yukon Hybrid =Lyft Premier, Lyft Lux, Lyft Suv, Lyft Plus, Uber Select, Uber XL, 20 city, 23 highway.

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Tesla, or any E-Car really is the way to go if you have Solar. I got a 11.4 KW System on my Roof, and produce way more Energy than I ever use.
The Tesla SUV is my Dream, but is just not in my Budget, lol.
Mercedes came out with a new E-Vehicle, (too expensive as well) and VW is ramping up to bring 30 new E-models out by Spring 2018.
Exciting times on the E-market for sure. Audi, BMW will follow, even Porsche.

A Friend leased a BMW i3 for $299.00/month, he also has solar, but the Car only produced some 125 miles/Charge Range.
He just turned it in after his 2 years, waiting for better Cars to come out soon with close to 400 miles/charge.

·
Registered
40 Posts
model S still goes around $70,000 for used.

a used bmw 3 or 5 hybrid goes around for $20,000-30,000

Lincoln MKZ Hybrid = lyft permier, Lyft Lux, Uber Select, 41mpg city 38 mpg highway.
Acura RLX Sport Hybird = Lyft Premier, Lyft Lux, Uber Select, (uber black when it's avaliable) 29 city, 30 highway
GMC yukon Hybrid =Lyft Premier, Lyft Lux, Lyft Suv, Lyft Plus, Uber Select, Uber XL, 20 city, 23 highway.
Model S can be found for a lot less than 70k used. A brand new one starts at 69k, plus you also get 10k off in tax incentives so pretty much 59k for brand new condition.

Tesla's own website has one listed for 47k with only 34k miles and it includes lifetime free supercharging. Add some mileage and look for a private sale, i imagine you could easily find one for less than 40k.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
uh that's not how tax incentive works. It's if you owe any tax in the end, they will take that off. If you use your mile deduction, you already pay little to no tax.

Also if you have a full time job, you're already have tax returns already. So the $10,000 tax incentive doesn't really help, it's just a marketing gimmick

·
Registered
40 Posts
uh that's not how tax incentive works. It's if you owe any tax in the end, they will take that off. If you use your mile deduction, you already pay little to no tax.

Also if you have a full time job, you're already have tax returns already. So the $10,000 tax incentive doesn't really help, it's just a marketing gimmick
The CA $2500 CA rebate is a check that is mailed out, I got mine within a month or so from my purchase date back in 2015. It doesn't depend on a tax refund and pretty much everyone except maybe the super rich get it.

The $7500 federal tax credit is a full credit when you file taxes (not a deduction). If Uber is your only income, then you're right that you probably won't take full advantage of it but most who are in the market for a new Tesla have a full time job (not from Uber).

I received the full $7500 credit so i can tell you that it isn't just some marketing gimmick...

My point wasn't even about the 10k rebate/credit, I was mostly pointing out that you can find a used Tesla for A LOT less than the $70k you mentioned. Do a quick search and you'll find some selling for almost half that...

·
Registered
892 Posts
The CA $2500 CA rebate is a check that is mailed out, I got mine within a month or so from my purchase date back in 2015. It doesn't depend on a tax refund and pretty much everyone except maybe the super rich get it.

The $7500 federal tax credit is a full credit when you file taxes (not a deduction). If Uber is your only income, then you're right that you probably won't take full advantage of it but most who are in the market for a new Tesla have a full time job (not from Uber).

I received the full $7500 credit so i can tell you that it isn't just some marketing gimmick...

My point wasn't even about the 10k rebate/credit, I was mostly pointing out that you can find a used Tesla for A LOT less than the $70k you mentioned. Do a quick search and you'll find some selling for almost half that...
Completely agree. Bought mine for less than $50k and free supercharging. Win win!

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Ford Fusion Energi qualifies and you can pick one up for 14k-18k
We have a Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (basically the same thing) only issue with these is the trunk is worthless . One suit case if you're lucky , The Fusion also doesn't qualify in many cities . I don't know where the OP is but I know not many markets allow the Fusion on Select

Does Avalon hybrid qualify?
In some markets . You're best to check out your local Uber vehicle requirements and check out what qualifies and what doesn't . Every market has different restrictions .

·
Registered
892 Posts
I was mostly pointing out that you can find a used Tesla for A LOT less than the $70k you mentioned. Do a quick search and you'll find some selling for almost half that...
I love that I live in a market where a Tesla isn't ubiquitous so I rent this car out on Turo for a week a month and it essentially makes my payment for me. Have you considered renting your car out?

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
I love that I live in a market where a Tesla isn't ubiquitous so I rent this car out on Turo for a week a month and it essentially makes my payment for me. Have you considered renting your car out?
Where are you doing Turo out of ?

I started renting 2 of my cars out on Turo a few months ago I just expanded my fleet to 4 . It's been slow this month but It was awesome the first couple of months I had a car rented out almost every day

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.