Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving for Uber for one year ,I've gotten over two thousand 5 star rides many glowing positive reviews ,I have just been informed that because of my background check I won't be allowed to continue ,at 19 years old I got in trouble and 35 years ago ,this new background check says that I was convicted of aggravated assault and simple assault which I was convicted of neither ,I was convicted of reckless endangerment, nevertheless whatever is there was there when I applied ,because of Uber I have leased a car that I have to pay for and I am a paraplegic I'm in a wheelchair and won't be able to pay for the car if I cant drive I'm feeling devistated and confused and need advice .

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Based on your situation I would definitely contact an attorney sooner more than later.
Here we go again!!!!! Contact an attorney as if an attorney can work miracles and make the Felonies disappear from the records. Sometimes, we must face up to our past accept it and try to make amends. But the first step is admitting it and trying to improve.

And the news media...
This suggestion is even more crazy. How much sympathy do you think the public has for Uber drivers who have been convicted of one or more Felonies? Yeah, that's what I thought

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
Here we go again!!!!! Contact an attorney as if an attorney can work miracles and make the Felonies disappear from the records. Sometimes, we must face up to our past accept it and try to make amends. But the first step is admitting it and trying to improve.

This suggestion is even more crazy. How much sympathy do you think the public has for Uber drivers who have been convicted of one or more Felonies? Yeah, that's what I thought
Holding something that occurred 35 years ago against anyone --for anything -- is just plain ridiculous.

If it were rape or murder, I could see Uber's point, but not a 35 year old assault charge. C'mon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ket me clear something up

my felony is from defending myself from being robbed at gunpoint by the guy who actually put me in the wheelchair in the first place and my record driving for Uber is one that I am very proud of, but my issue with Uber is that they had the information from the beginning and the information they have is incorrect I have never been convicted of aggravated assault ,I've never assaulted anyone, i was attacked I swung the foot peddle of my wheelchair at my attacker and it hit his gun which went off and the bullet grazed his knee I was convicted of reckless endangerment because he wouldn't admit the gun was his ,I could live with my past but I leased a car based on Uber clearing me to drive ,I would have rather not had the hope than to have it snatched from me for something that's not true ,now I have bills I cant pay that are a result of driving for Uber

Have you looked into whether it's possible to petition to have the conviction expunged? Or sought a pardon?
I'm going to try its been so long ago I had forgotten all about it ,

first step is to go to your local green light center and plead your case. Also, apply for lyft.
I think I'm going to do that I have to find out where it is

Based on your situation I would definitely contact an attorney sooner more than later.
I intend to tomorrow morning

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.