Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sot he hurricane passed a couple days ago. Stores are reopening and gas is available. Still neither Uber or Lyft are allowing drivers online.

So people can't get where they want to go and I can't make some extra money to pay for the hurricane damage.

It's already been 5 days since I have drove.

No curfews are in effect.

I wanted to drive a bit during the day when it is more safe but cannot. I have a full tank of gas and power at home.

I wonder how long this will go on? No word from either company.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sucks. They're really doing a disservice to not only drivers but their customers who need rides.
I could understand it if this were yesterday (the day after) or up until nine am today when there was a curfew but there is no reason for operations to still be suspended. Especially during the day.

·
Registered
976 Posts
They're shut down in Jacksonville but there's a reason for that the rivers haven't receded there still roads that are flooded there's roads with power lines down if they authorized Uber or Lyft to drive in those areas and a passenger was involved in an accident they would be susceptible to a lawsuit anybody with common sense should know that except for whiners

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
They're shut down in Jacksonville but there's a reason for that the rivers haven't receded there still roads that are flooded there's roads with power lines down if they authorized Uber or Lyft to drive in those areas and a passenger was involved in an accident they would be susceptible to a lawsuit anybody with common sense should know that except for whiners
are taxis running?

·
Premium Member
64,226 Posts
Sot he hurricane passed a couple days ago. Stores are reopening and gas is available. Still neither Uber or Lyft are allowing drivers online.

So people can't get where they want to go and I can't make some extra money to pay for the hurricane damage.

It's already been 5 days since I have drove.

No curfews are in effect.

I wanted to drive a bit during the day when it is more safe but cannot. I have a full tank of gas and power at home.

I wonder how long this will go on? No word from either company.
Ask for some of the money Uber has pledged to DACA.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whining? Even the county buses have been running all day today. Walmart is even open.

are taxis running?
Here they are.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still nothing. It is ridiculous! Pretty much everywhere else in the whole state including Miami and Orlando still have service but not Volusia county. And we didn't even get hit near as hard as most of the other areas.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
This sucks. They're really doing a disservice to not only drivers but their customers who need rides.
Where are you Cableguynoe ?

Still nothing. It is ridiculous! Pretty much everywhere else in the whole state including Miami and Orlando still have service but not Volusia county. And we didn't even get hit near as hard as most of the other areas.
The Daytona area goes from st Lucie county up to you. They didn't shut it down here until 630pm Sun, ehen it was almost at the worst here. Lol... irs been fine since Monday afternoon. Ridiculous

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I thought the shutdowns where related to local conditions and any and all curfews that are in place?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.