Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband just started driving for UBER a few weeks ago. His rating has been the same ever since (4.59)... Well he just got an email from UBER saying to get his rating up or else they will terminate his acct. WTF?! Anyone else get this kind of email? If so, any ideas how he can get his rating up?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
My husband just started driving for UBER a few weeks ago. His rating has been the same ever since (4.59)... Well he just got an email from UBER saying to get his rating up or else they will terminate his acct. WTF?! Anyone else get this kind of email? If so, any ideas how he can get his rating up?
Don't know. Is there any reason you can think of?

Some generic suggestions:

Clean the car, don't drive drunk hours, open doors, give water, use gps, make friendly conversation, offer chargers, offer to change radio station, ask if air is ok, drive smoothly, etcetera. In the end, who the hell knows what these passengers are annoyed by.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He does all that (except water, we haven't gotten that far yet). we have actually 2 chargers of EACH known kind (old iphone, new iphone, "general smart phone," new galaxy). We actually WASH, VACUUM, and WIPE down the car before he goes out. We have Sirius radio and he offers pax options on that, he always ask if pax wants AC or open windows (we even have roof window). They said he needs to get above before rides or else they will terminate him.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friends of ours kept getting bad ratings even though they do everything to keep it up... unfortunately people just do not respect Deafs and Hard of Hearings in the work-force. SMH

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hi, prettyincamo85.

Welcome to the forum!

Please read your Partnership Agreement.

New Drivers have 30 Days to Opt-out of Binding Arbitration.
(If the 30-day period is past, email [email protected] and tell her you need to opt out. This is the law firm handling the cases in CA.)

UNS :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Is your husband a new driver? Is he within his first 30 days? Opt out of Binding Arbitration that blocks his legal rights to a court. Click on the bold lettering.

Is he past the 30-day period? I have given him thru you the email of the paralegal who can send him a form to opt out of Binding Arbitration.

One or the other, or neither. His choice.

Part of the Welcoming Committee
UNS :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't even been 30 days. The email says he has 50 more ratings to improve his rate or he will be disqualified. He only ran Uber 1 or 2x a week the first few weeks. He hasn't even hit 90 rides yet. This week is the first time he has ran 3 days. It says he can take a class to improve his rating. Today, I see in the trip simmary that he has been rated 4.75 but his average rating is still the same 4.59

·
Registered
174 Posts
Haven't even been 30 days. The email says he has 50 more ratings to improve his rate or he will be disqualified. He only ran Uber 1 or 2x a week the first few weeks. He hasn't even hit 90 rides yet. This week is the first time he has ran 3 days. It says he can take a class to improve his rating. Today, I see in the trip simmary that he has been rated 4.75 but his average rating is still the same 4.59
The average rating only updates once a day. You should see an improvement tomorrow.

If he is at serious risk have him do less late night and more daytime for awhile. Daytime riders are more appreciative. If you know how to do it you can make just as much money doing daytime.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He works 3 jobs which is why he mostly runs Uber at night. I think he is just doing uber this week... if so, maybe that will help his rating go up. A friend also said that riders at the beach gives better rating than those in Downtown. Have anyone heard of that?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
He works 3 jobs which is why he mostly runs Uber at night. I think he is just doing uber this week... if so, maybe that will help his rating go up. A friend also said that riders at the beach gives better rating than those in Downtown. Have anyone heard of that?
Don't think so.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the ratings trouble. The rating system is beyond screwed up. Please take some time to read the forums...invaluable advice about this very issue. When my ratings first took a hit, I used the search function to figure out how to boost it up. I read through numerous threads in the "rating system" forum and others--after reading what others do to maintain or increase ratings, I followed many of the suggestions, and my ratings have been increasing steadily. I was worried about deactivation at 4.62, and now I'm at an average 4.83. Please read, best of luck!

·
Registered
315 Posts
The "advice" forum is beyond useful as well. Hope your husband drives safely and doesn't get deactivated over this...again, best of luck.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
You may want to tell your husband to bring it to the attention of uber that he is Deaf/HOH and that riders may be discriminating against him because of this -- or maybe because of their ignorance, they think Deaf/HOH people aren't safe drivers. Either way, it's discriminatory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You may want to tell your husband to bring it to the attention of uber that he is Deaf/HOH and that riders may be discriminating against him because of this -- or maybe because of their ignorance, they think Deaf/HOH people aren't safe drivers. Either way, it's discriminatory.
Usually his riders don't know he is hard of hearing but last night came an incident where he COULD NOT understand a lady (DRUNK worst than imagine, he said). The lady asked him if he was drunk because he couldn't understand her. He said no, he doesn't even drink (He DOESN'T, not even beer, nada!) and that he is hard of hearing. She then gave him a rough time during the ride. Well, when he finally dropped her off (and he was GLAD to have be done with her) he accidentally rated her a 5* (he was really tired and it been a long day, plus helping me with the baby that morning before he left, plus sick the night before). He said he WISHES he didn't do that because she is the ONLY person since he has started driving that he would be honored to give a solid 1 star. He said she was RUDE and was bad mouthing people with disability. She was also YELLING in his ear, asking him if he can hear her now. He was really annoyed. After that trip, he text me "THANK GOD I"M DONE WITH THIS ONE!" and all of the sudden I saw his daily rate drop.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Usually his riders don't know he is hard of hearing but last night came an incident where he COULD NOT understand a lady (DRUNK worst than imagine, he said). The lady asked him if he was drunk because he couldn't understand her. He said no, he doesn't even drink (He DOESN'T, not even beer, nada!) and that he is hard of hearing. She then gave him a rough time during the ride. Well, when he finally dropped her off (and he was GLAD to have be done with her) he accidentally rated her a 5* (he was really tired and it been a long day, plus helping me with the baby that morning before he left, plus sick the night before). He said he WISHES he didn't do that because she is the ONLY person since he has started driving that he would be honored to give a solid 1 star. He said she was RUDE and was bad mouthing people with disability. She was also YELLING in his ear, asking him if he can hear her now. He was really annoyed. After that trip, he text me "THANK GOD I"M DONE WITH THIS ONE!" and all of the sudden I saw his daily rate drop.
He should email partner support and explain that the rating was an accident, then talk about the harassment he endured and ask that it be changed.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! There is a lot of good advice in the replies above. It is worth repeating:

-) Do a search about "Ratings" in the advice sub-forum. And have your husband read a lot of it. It will be a worthwhile investment of time.
-) Don't drive at night until your average rating is in the safe range, i.e. above 4.69. The case of the abusive drunk woman passenger last night exemplifies that night riders, and particularly drunk ones, rate lower.
-) If your husband's rating remains problematic and he is told that he will be deactivated, consider having him take the class. Although the quality of the class varies from city to city, in many cases it has allowed drivers with ratings problems to learn how to effectively stay out of ratings trouble.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts