Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Saw many uber drivers on the road last night. Stopped to talk to one who was telling me about his day in Houston. He had the dress, but no TNC. Interesting......

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
So how was my day you ask? Terrible. Also my week, month and year were terrible. 0 rides today, logged on for an hour so far. I'm not exactly in the middle of no where either, I live around BW8 and I-10 (west). I should've already made $100 if this was a serious business. But, hey, whatever. American dream my ass.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Manatee and Sarasota counties (fl) have been showing me love today... And rainbows. Calling it an early night for a good reason this time

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Saw many uber drivers on the road last night. Stopped to talk to one who was telling me about his day in Houston. He had the dress, but no TNC. Interesting......
I bet there is a lot of that since Uber has to hand out the trade dress before the driver goes to get the TNC. But since you have to upload the TNC license, Uber might catch on to him. Sooner hopefully than later

What sucks is if it happens a lot and hits the news, it will make all of us look bad and be bad mojo PR and bring down more regulatory heat.

I rate snitches just below child molestors, but I think I might have ratted out the dude.

edit... besides the dude is a pirata stealing rides from legit partners who went through the hoops to be legal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My night sucked uber wise. Seven trips and only netted $56. Had one pax that asked to go to target from pottery barn then left their bag in my car. 15 minutes later I drop them at hotel Derek and they didn't tip me a dime. "Thanks for wasting my time" 1*

·
Registered
967 Posts
My night sucked uber wise. Seven trips and only netted $56. Had one pax that asked to go to target from pottery barn then left their bag in my car. 15 minutes later I drop them at hotel Derek and they didn't tip me a dime. "Thanks for wasting my time" 1*
People think they can anchor you... End trip, log the lost items, move on...

·
Registered
770 Posts
I bet there is a lot of that since Uber has to hand out the trade dress before the driver goes to get the TNC. But since you have to upload the TNC license, Uber might catch on to him. Sooner hopefully than later

What sucks is if it happens a lot and hits the news, it will make all of us look bad and be bad mojo PR and bring down more regulatory heat.

I rate snitches just below child molestors, but I think I might have ratted out the dude.

edit... besides the dude is a pirata stealing rides from legit partners who went through the hoops to be legal.
It's not my job to police anyone. Not my style. I just encourage and enlighten though in this case he was in a good mood so I did not mention the TNC. I don't think any driver does not know about the permit. Drivers who choose to take their chances choose to pay the penalty should they be caught, so again, it is not my business. There were 4 police cars 30 feet from us, so it could happen.

Reactions: Ada32

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ok, so you probably drove about 135 miles if you had average amount of dead miles. About $9 gasoline used, so you still had a decent profit, depending upon hours driven.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I took the whole day off. First day off in 35 days. What did I do you ask? Farm Chores. Coops and cages are all clean and I did up a fresh batch of Pickled Quail eggs. ( which I sell for 8 bucks a jar if there is any interest) day off my ass. Guess I can rest when I'm dead.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
It's not my job to police anyone. Not my style. I just encourage and enlighten though in this case he was in a good mood so I did not mention the TNC. I don't think any driver does not know about the permit. Drivers who choose to take their chances choose to pay the penalty should they be caught, so again, it is not my business. There were 4 police cars 30 feet from us, so it could happen.
Yeah, you're probably right. Besides, if someone goes around ratting out other partners, word will get around.

I remember reading that earlier in the year, the city was doing stings for street hails. The penalty goes all the way up to having your vehicle impounded. I don't think they impounded anyone's car during the sting, but the threat is always there for not following the rules.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts