Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to relocate to the Houston area from DC. Would like to know if the Houston market is strong? What's the average weekly take home for full-time drivers? All input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
You have to assume this is a joke, a troll or an idiot. All you have to do to see what the rates are in any market in the US is type in Uber rates Houston, TX, San Fransisco, CA, Orlando, FL or any other city. It's all right there. You will be paid very little for very much work unless you happen to be in one of the regulated cities where Uber is required to charge a minimum rate determined by the city or State.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are weekly noob post.... Does anyone read... Must be 100 post the same
You have to assume this is a joke, a troll or an idiot. All you have to do to see what the rates are in any market in the US is type in Uber rates Houston, TX, San Fransisco, CA, Orlando, FL or any other city. It's all right there. You will be paid very little for very much work unless you happen to be in one of the regulated cities where Uber is required to charge a minimum rate determined by the city or State.
None of the above. I'm not asking for the rate of charge. I'm asking for actual earnings from those that do the work. Uber lies about how much a driver can make in a market....I'd much rather have hard facts/figures. Thanks for the reply though lol

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
None of the above. I'm not asking for the rate of charge. I'm asking for actual earnings from those that do the work. Uber lies about how much a driver can make in a market....I'd much rather have hard facts/figures. Thanks for the reply though lol
It was answered above. $10-15 before expenses except at certain times. Sometimes much less. Hardly anyone tips. Very crappy incentives. No guarantees.

May do ok at first as a newbie, but I think even they are doing badly due to so many drivers.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
If you know the mileage rate and you know their are few if any surges (the pax just wait them out) then you can figure out pretty quickly that you are not going to make much money. The Government says it costs .54/mile to drive your car (if you get really good mileage). Uber only pays for miles where a pax is on board. So, let's say you drive 3 miles to pick up a rider going 3 miles then you make about $3 but it cost you over $3 to drive those 6 miles. In the Summers around here you can't ever turn off your car as you need to have the A/C running at all times so any waiting hours are going to be even more expensive. Most drivers average about $10/hour before ANY expenses including fuel. Fuel alone costs me about 20% of the fare so I am down to $8/hour before all of the other costs involved. At 200-300 mile per day of driving the car depreciates so fast its scary and your tires will need replacing about once a year.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
If you know the mileage rate and you know their are few if any surges (the pax just wait them out) then you can figure out pretty quickly that you are not going to make much money. The Government says it costs .54/mile to drive your car (if you get really good mileage). Uber only pays for miles where a pax is on board. So, let's say you drive 3 miles to pick up a rider going 3 miles then you make about $3 but it cost you over $3 to drive those 6 miles. In the Summers around here you can't ever turn off your car as you need to have the A/C running at all times so any waiting hours are going to be even more expensive. Most drivers average about $10/hour before ANY expenses including fuel. Fuel alone costs me about 20% of the fare so I am down to $8/hour before all of the other costs involved. At 200-300 mile per day of driving the car depreciates so fast its scary and your tires will need replacing about once a year.
Lots of drivers just turn their cars off while waiting and sweat it out.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Yep, $10/hour GROSS and that included at least some surge. Funny as I typed that I said to myself....that IS gross that this is all we make!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts