Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Traffic from the city on 101 through northbay is pretty slow both ways

It was insane last night, I watched it from home , it went on for like an hour 3x and 4x , I'm heading out at may be 9pm . Hoping there will be more of that 3x

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
surged a little on and off throughout the day, but I kept getting screwed over by rides taking me downtown to the Pride parade.

I made $225 in 8 ½ hours .. not terrible, not great.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yesterday was my first day working guaranteed hours for Lyft. Was never offered $45/hr so thought I would play the game..........

I rarely get stressed on the job. Today was different.

Accepted as close to the top of the hour as possible. Short runs kept becoming 2 leg runs. Then I'm 35 minutes after the hour and waiting for the next ping to come in, and waiting, waiting. Nothing for 10 min. Ok, now it's 45 after and I'm freaking sweating at this point. Keep thinking about the member here who's trying to compile data on the LA forum from drivers with regard to ubers prioritization on pings (metals, hourly guarantees, etc). His theory is those working guaranteed hours come last and I'm going to have to agree with him at this point. I've never driven by so many people and not been able to get a ping. Totally understand why some drivers don't drive huge events. Traffic was absolutely terrible, they didn't start removing baracades until 7:30pm today.

I'm usually full time, but took the whole week off up until Saturday. Thought I'd be able to grab power driver in only 11 peak hours accepting lyftlines, but 90% of my pings were regular lyft (coincidence again?).

I gave up today. Just got home. I don't know how part timers do it when luber takes 20/25% of your hard earned paycheck. I achieve pdb each and every week. Knowing at 11am today I was still 5 peak hour rides away from pdb, the frustration grew. And cannonballed. Kicked out my second ever pax today going to treasure island. At 5pm? No way buddy, not while I'm doin guaranteed hours. Not gonna sit in traffic for 45 min with you and hope I get back in time to catch another ride. They took it well fortunately.

Guaranteed hours took the fun out from driving. I think what hurt most was not getting pdb. I left the city at 50-100% PT. I NEVER do that. I didn't care tonight

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yesterday was my first day working guaranteed hours for Lyft. Was never offered $45/hr so thought I would play the game..........

Accepted as close to the top of the hour as possible. Short runs kept becoming 2 leg runs. Then I'm 35 minutes after the hour and waiting for the next ping to come in, and waiting, waiting. Nothing for 10 min. Ok, now it's 45 after and I'm freaking sweating at this point. Keep thinking about the member here who's trying to compile data on the LA forum from drivers with regard to ubers prioritization on pings (metals, hourly guarantees, etc). His theory is those working guaranteed hours come last and I'm going to have to agree with him at this point. I've never driven by so many people and not been able to get a ping. Totally understand why some drivers don't drive huge events. Traffic was absolutely terrible, they didn't start removing baracades until 7:30pm today.

I'm usually full time, but took the whole week off up until Saturday. Thought I'd be able to grab power driver in only 11 peak hours accepting lyftlines, but 90% of my pings were regular lyft (coincidence again?).

I gave up today. Just got home. I don't know how part timers do it when luber takes 20/25% of your hard earned paycheck. I achieve pdb each and every week. Knowing at 11am today I was still 5 peak hour rides away from pdb, the frustration grew. And cannonballed. Kicked out my second ever pax today going to treasure island. At 5pm? No way buddy, not while I'm doin guaranteed hours. Not gonna sit in traffic for 45 min with you and hope I get back in time to catch another ride. They took it well fortunately.

Guaranteed hours took the fun out from driving. I think what hurt most was not getting pdb. I left the city at 50-100% PT. I NEVER do that. I didn't care tonight
So...pretty gay?

·
Registered
383 Posts

Can you link me to that thread?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I looked at the traffic map on Google and decided to stay in east bay. Don't want to spend 2 hours on the bridges.

Completed 16 rides in about 5 and half hour, majority of the rides are Uber Rush.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,865 Posts
Pride parade was great ... thanks to a lot of police presence and the pall hanging over the Orlando incident and the LA incident, crowd was generally subdued, generous, relatively civilized, and cordial ...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Can you link me to that thread?
https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-rigging-pings-for-incentives.86397/

LA forum is all over this. It's a fact. Work hourlies and they will delay/block you from pings. Last Sunday night I had 11 stacked pings. Always get at least a couple. Yesterday, nothing. Pings few and far inbetween. Even in my honeyholes. I completed all the incentives but I averaged 2.2 rides an hour. I can easily hit a 4 to 5 average, if I leave the app on, which I don't. Sorry uberdancer. Yes carma, right? No, I always have a 90%+ acceptance rate

·
Banned
6,865 Posts
https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-rigging-pings-for-incentives.86397/ ... LA forum is all over this. It's a fact. Work hourlies and they will delay/block you from pings. Last Sunday night I had 11 stacked pings. Always get at least a couple. Yesterday, nothing. Pings few and far inbetween. Even in my honeyholes. I completed all the incentives but I averaged 2.2 rides an hour. I can easily hit a 4 to 5 average, if I leave the app on, which I don't. Sorry uberdancer. Yes carma, right? No, I always have a 90%+ acceptance rate
Well, when it's no longer fun, just quit ... as an independent contractor, you can walk away without a scratch ... just walk away and save yourself and everyone else the aggravation ...

I went no more than 5-10 minutes without a ping ... it was consistently and comfortably busy with enough time in between to log my trips and rides in my logbook by hand with my handy blue gel pen ... even with Pride parade, the president in town, Clinton in town, Giants vs. Phillies, bomb squad, and tourists ...

I just love driving around the financial district on weekends ...

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
Dorothy Parker, Sunset Gun: Poems

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well, when it's no longer fun, just quit ... as an independent contractor, you can walk away without a scratch ... just walk away and save yourself and everyone else the aggravation ...

I went no more than 5-10 minutes without a ping ... it was consistently and comfortably busy with enough time in between to log my trips and rides in my logbook by hand with my handy blue gel pen ... even with Pride parade, the president in town, Clinton in town, Giants vs. Phillies, bomb squad, and tourists ...

I just love driving around the financial district on weekends ...
Why can't you ever feel for a fellow driver? That's why members have a hard time warming up to you. I still appreciate you because you have such a distinctive point of view, it adds to the dynamic of this forum. But can you for once show some compassion for a driver, or are we nothing but competition? No one thought about quitting because the aggravation was too much to deal with. This was a one day phenomenon, all because I opted to in to the guarantee hours. I always ignore the emails but thought wth, I'd have a hard time beating 45 an hour for the majority of a Saturday night. Not worth the stress next time. I caught 2 $50+ rides after 2am and left on a good note

·
Banned
6,865 Posts
Why can't you ever feel for a fellow driver?
Because we are the tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber drivin' DUUUUUUUUUUDEZZZZZ!!!

"...But can you for once show some compassion for a driver, or are we nothing but competition?
Tough Talkin' Mucho Macho Super Duper Uber Drivin' Dudes cannot show compassion ... this is not allowed ...

We are the Tough Talkin' Mucho Macho Super Duper Uber Drivin' DUUUUUUUUDEZZZZ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts