Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Wingz

Votes: 1 4.3%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just creating a thread to see how each platform's business is doing.

We'll leave out Lyft and Uber since they don't operate within city limits.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start off by saying Fare has been dead slow this past week. I've been logged in since noon today driving around 360 loop to South MoPac to Slaughter back up to William Cannon without a single ping.

Meanwhile Fasten has been pinging me non-stop with dirt cheap short rides. What's up with that?

·
Registered
48 Posts
We had a really good opportunity to set a higher rate/mile but we screwed it up. I have a feeling Getme and Fare will soon drop their rates compete with Fasten, just before Uber comes back and kills them off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok this is weird. Is Fare still in business is Austin? Been circling downtown for 3 hours without a single ping from Fare. What's up Fare ?

Of course right after I post this I get a ping from Fare. Wtf.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'll start off by saying Fare has been dead slow this past week. I've been logged in since noon today driving around 360 loop to South MoPac to Slaughter back up to William Cannon without a single ping.

Meanwhile Fasten has been pinging me non-stop with dirt cheap short rides. What's up with that?
What's up with that is supply and demand. Even Ziggy is driving on Fasten now and the min ride rate is too low for me.

Drivers have flocked to the cheapest option therefore riders don't need to use the others. Also I've used Fasten and it is just as easy as U/ L were downtown. I do tip my driver in cash but that's only because I'm an ex driver. Most riders won't probably not even the Lyft people.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fasten needs to add a tipping option. People do appreciate good service but if they are not given an option to do it, they won't tip. Not everyone knows Fasten don't have tipping option on the app before they are dropped off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There needs to be a minimum fare and a tipping option. If you are cognitively aware that you're getting ripped off, then why drive for fasten? If pax have to wait 20 minutes and boost to get one of the few drivers who put up with the rates, then they'll get annoyed and switch back to requesting fare or get me

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only way you can do that is to put up a virtual strike on Fasten where most drivers just refuse to pick up non-boost rides. Period.

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
I get a constant workflow with great pax on fasten and it pays .15 more cents then u/l did so I make about the same with tips as I did before, then again I drive when lengthy rides are needed. The app works perfect..as long as they do not lower rates I'm happy with fasten, way more then I ever was with uber and even lyft..lets hope it stays that way!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Only way you can do that is to put up a virtual strike on Fasten where most drivers just refuse to pick up non-boost rides. Period.
As a frequent rider, I have cancelled several ride requests with Fasten due to the boost feature. I am not interested in wasting my time for a driver to decide that my request is finally worthy of their response. Totally get the issue with Fasten's low rates, no minimum fare and no-tip feature and agree these issues are problematic. I will no longer use Fasten for these reasons. I have been satisfied with response from Fare drivers but sure do hope management get their continual problems with the app fixed quickly.

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
Im perplexed,..
https://www.taxifarefinder.com/rates.php

So a standard cab is $2.30 a mile and would no way come to a destination if called during prime time.. yet riders want us to do the same at about half the price...? Add boost it is still way lower then a cab, if there is a demand we should get compensated to save on gas/wear and time during that prime time. The focus of driving for hire isn't to please someone that wants everything cheap and immediate to where the driver cannot make money..it's so we can profit from driving pax around.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Because uber destroyed the industry for drivers. People want a clean car in under five minutes and want to pay under 5 dollars no matter how far the ride. They want to play their music, request extra stops, and of course not tip. Great for customers because there are people dumb enough to drive for them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can someone explain why Fasten charges me for the Credit Card Processing. They claim "We only charge $.99 a ride" but I did 25 rides a week. Saw $24.75 in Ride Fees and additional $10.71 in CC processing fees.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have decided to just drive for Fare. Helps that I like the CEO & how hard they're working at this - but it's also that Fasten's fares are too damn low. Heck, when you do the calculations (mileage + time, etc.), even FARE's are close to being too low, but the tips bump it up another 15-20% for me - allows me to hit my goal to make this worthwhile (minimum $20 per hour & $1 per mile, including deadhead).

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Can someone explain why Fasten charges me for the Credit Card Processing. They claim "We only charge $.99 a ride" but I did 25 rides a week. Saw $24.75 in Ride Fees and additional $10.71 in CC processing fees.
Faulty claim on the Fasten site ... it should read "Pay 99¢/ride + Credit Card Processing fees" ... ultimately, someone's gotta pay for the collection of the money from the pax. Most credit card gateways charge 2.75-3.25% + 25-35¢/transaction ... considering that Fasten is only charging a 99¢/ride fee, that barely covers insurance and server data ... but it definitely doesn't cover the credit card processing fees. Consider this ... you took your pax for a $20/ride; assuming only 2.75% + 25¢ transaction fee ... the cc processing fee would be $0.80; or on a $10 trip (cc = $0.53).

Fasten did a poor job of conveying the charges to the drivers; but you can't expect them to eat the cc fees ... otherwise, they'll implode.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What's up with that is supply and demand. Even Ziggy is driving on Fasten now and the min ride rate is too low for me.

Drivers have flocked to the cheapest option therefore riders don't need to use the others. Also I've used Fasten and it is just as easy as U/ L were downtown. I do tip my driver in cash but that's only because I'm an ex driver. Most riders won't probably not even the Lyft people.
That's also where all the ex uber riders went. I'll stay with getme for now. Yesterday i had a pleasant conversation with a passenger, and he bought me a Gatorade AND a $2 tip.
Im getting $5 tips on $9 fares. With uber, all i got was a key mark on the side of my car

·
Registered
850 Posts
That's also where all the ex uber riders went. I'll stay with getme for now. Yesterday i had a pleasant conversation with a passenger, and he bought me a Gatorade AND a $2 tip.
Im getting $5 tips on $9 fares. With uber, all i got was a key mark on the side of my car
Yeah that sounds pretty much right but I'm guessing a lot of Lyft people also use Fasten because it is easier. I'd use another platform where I could tip over the device but it is hard t get a ride. I don't like that Fasten doesn't allow a tip.

The option comes after they leave and there is no obligation. I knew the peeps that were Uber peeps and they never tipped. No one feels the 'need' to tip. People tip because they think it is right or they liked the service. It is awkward to hand someone who has a real job and you got along with money.

I always just leave it on the console I never put it in their hand. They aren't accepting a gift they earned it. I did this before I was ever a driver. Tips should never be given face to face it is rude.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Yeah that sounds pretty much right but I'm guessing a lot of Lyft people also use Fasten because it is easier. I'd use another platform where I could tip over the device but it is hard t get a ride. I don't like that Fasten doesn't allow a tip.

The option comes after they leave and there is no obligation. I knew the peeps that were Uber peeps and they never tipped. No one feels the 'need' to tip. People tip because they think it is right or they liked the service. It is awkward to hand someone who has a real job and you got along with money.

I always just leave it on the console I never put it in their hand. They aren't accepting a gift they earned it. I did this before I was ever a driver. Tips should never be given face to face it is rude.
Rude? I've never heard that, in fact I always preferred to get a tip in person; the extra "seriously....THANK you for the excellent service" message was the highlight of my server days. At least half of our customers tip our chauffeurs in person. It means a lot to them that a pax thinks enough to tip them as an individual.

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
I have had nothing but awesome pax so far, I hope that doesn't change, I know if they lower their rates I won't drive for them just because I know it will be uber pax for sure, so far it's just like lyft to me that pays better even without a tip option (which hopefully will come soon). I also love he thumbs up thumbs down rate'system instead of 1-5 stars, which I could never stand.

I think uber really ruined the tipping culture with being driven somewhere, instead of trying to figure it out or fix it I just ignore it and blame uber for effin that up in ridesharing(or whatever it's truly called) these days. I just move on and focus on ride after ride instead of expecting the tip culture with millenials to change...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts