Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
24,266 Posts
I always do well at Howard's Homecoming. I do not hang around the University that much, but I seem to find the Alumni and Alumnae all over the City.....a pretty nice crowd, too, as a rule....................

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Wow not even Thursday night?
There's nothing special about thursday night anymore, you'll see. The crowd is not there yet. It will be thick the next day by noon (yard fest), up until 5am sunday morning. You may have some extra rides though because its supposed to rain all thru homecoming.Sure you hope u dont drive in the rain without surge.

I always do well at Howard's Homecoming. I do not hang around the University that much, but I seem to find the Alumni and Alumnae all over the City.....a pretty nice crowd, too, as a rule....................
there will probably be lots of rides during the day saturday,but if its surges,people up people at howard (especially people who dont live here) will not be going far. Most trips (if students or people related to the homecoming) will be going from Howard to downtown,or even U street areas (party zones).

I dont expect any long trips from homecoming folks. Like where would they be going that far? surge + long trips is where the money is at. Picking up a 2.0x surge from howard to K street downtown is a waste

But again, you have more rides fri sat due to rain. Dont drive in the rain for regular rate

·
24,266 Posts
Dont drive in the rain for regular rate
I will drive in the rain for "regular rate"; regular taxi rate, that is. Rarely do I drive UberX on the weekend. Almost always, I drive the cab. Most of the Howard homecoming crowd that I get come from street hails around the City. Most of the callwork that I get from it comes either from Uber Taxi or my own company. I drive by Meridian Hall that weekend, frequently, and manage to snag all sorts of callwork out of it. I do not deadhead there, mind you, nor do I pass street hails or calls for it, but, if I am close, I will head that way.

If Uber is going to get bent out of shape at drivers who do not log in to UberX on the weekend of 16-18 October. they really have no business bothering me about it. My not logging in to UberX on a weekend is nothing unusual.

·
24,266 Posts
ahah yeah, taxi rates are good rates
..........the equivalent of a 2,1 surge in the City, at least..............................

The other thing, which you posted on the "Whopper" topic, is the rain and the increased chance of a collision. The taxi is properly insured for carrying passengers for compensation. Allegedly, when logged in to the UberX application, James River supposedly "covers" the UberXmobile, but that whole business has given birth to more than one topic on these boards. If nothing else, I do not want my insurer to find out about this, if I can avoid it. Supposedly, my insurer does not care if I do TNC work. Supposedly, they have stated that their policy is "If you are logged on and hit something, do not expect us to pay. If you are logged off, signed out and hit something, we will pay". As this is "supposedly", I do not want to put it to the test, if I do not have to do so. Sadly, those of us who live in the District of Columbia can purchase neither a TNC endorsement nor proper commercial insurance for this. Those of you who live in the suburbs can purchase either of those.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
..."If you are logged on and hit something, do not expect us to pay. If you are logged off, signed out and hit something, we will pay". As this is "supposedly", I do not want to put it to the test, if I do not have to do so. Sadly, those of us who live in the District of Columbia can purchase neither a TNC endorsement nor proper commercial insurance for this. Those of you who live in the suburbs can purchase either of those.
yeap, i was really talking about Uberx drivers
if you gonna drive in the rain, at least get surge for the risk,because like you said, you dont want to put your insurance to the test. def not for a min ride trip in the wicked rain

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I normally don't drive in the rain... It's not that serious to me but I will Friday and Saturday night - late night if there is a surge.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If it rains like it did last night, many people wont be going out at all.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
It didn't stop people going out last night. And of people come in for the homecoming they aren't going to stay in their hotels either.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
It didn't stop people going out last night. And of people come in for the homecoming they aren't going to stay in their hotels either.
They are not going to stand in lines for 30 min while it downpours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No, just Friday and Saturday night as usual
Actually today will be the start of the events and one of the major events is FUTURE and his performance starts tonight along side 50 Cent at Echostage. Today will be the only time 50 perform with FUTURE... The other nights it will be him along so they are expecting huge crowds tonights.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
So basically just the let out will surge. Be out in the rain at 3am, I'll pass, because they'll all be going from echo stage back to Howard University area

·
Registered
31 Posts
So basically just the let out will surge. Be out in the rain at 3am, I'll pass, because they'll all be going from echo stage back to Howard University area
Basically, but don't forget a lot of out of towners so they will need a ride there and back. Some will leave early and some late so you can do trips back and forth.

I don't uber at night but love to let you guys know when to take advantage of it. I can't deal with drunks, throw up and bad ratings. I only do picks up going to work and leaving. But lately I stopped all together because of the rates.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts