Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 45 min plus ping. Reached the apartment and the guy told me i'm taking his gf to the airport. which was exactly 45 mins away. Into the ride we were about 10 mins from the airport and she asks if I can pullover to target so she can buy a phone charger. I made big mistake thinking she would be in and out. She probably spent 45 mins in target, I got fed up and looked for her and could not find her. I wanted so bad to take her luggage dump it off on the side and hit complete trip. It was her boyfriends account and he would tell that I didn't really take her to the airport. I couldn't call her boyfriend because I was in midtrip and could not contact him. Anyways she came back and I finally dropped her off. I made $50 from that trip. I couldn't just be an ******* and drop her shit off and hit complete. This is my only source of income and don't want to get deactivated. How would you guys handle this?

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
I had a 45 min plus ping. Reached the apartment and the guy told me i'm taking his gf to the airport. which was exactly 45 mins away. Into the ride we were about 10 mins from the airport and she asks if I can pullover to target so she can buy a phone charger. I made big mistake thinking she would be in and out. She probably spent 45 mins in target, I got fed up and looked for her and could not find her. I wanted so bad to take her luggage dump it off on the side and hit complete trip. It was her boyfriends account and he would tell that I didn't really take her to the airport. I couldn't call her boyfriend because I was in midtrip and could not contact him. Anyways she came back and I finally dropped her off. I made $50 from that trip. I couldn't just be an ******* and drop her shit off and hit complete. This is my only source of income and don't want to get deactivated. How would you guys handle this?
Tell her uber only allows 3 minute stops so if it will take longer she'd better take her luggage.

I don't let anyone leave an anchor in my car. I learned that lesson the same way you just did.

And if I was in your position is take the luggage back to her boyfriend and tell him to call her and tell her to get her ass out and you'd go get her OR end the trip right there.

Since his phone isn't in the car anyway you could have just driven in a 20 mile circle. Either he'd notice and call or he wouldn't and you'd make some extra cash.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
So many things can be said obviously.
Don't Do it, just say no, leave her chit outside etc etc

But, if you do it, always and I mean always do this one thing. Very simple and works 99.43% of the time.
"Can you do me a favor and be really quick?
I don't make any money while I'm stopped and it's pretty busy right now.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have took 45 minutes.

PS: She can purchase a phone charger at the airport. :rolleyes:
That's the winner right there

·
Registered
362 Posts
So many things can be said obviously.
Don't Do it, just say no, leave her chit outside etc etc

But, if you do it, always and I mean always do this one thing. Very simple and works 99.43% of the time.
"Can you do me a favor and be really quick?
I don't make any money while I'm stopped and it's pretty busy right now.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have took 45 minutes.

That's the winner right there
I agree with what you said..
But 1 thing. Its target. Prob. Got stuck in a long line. Likely not her fault.

Had the op sugjessted getting it airport..she would have gone with that. Basically...be smarter than the pax.

Alot of this job is growing and learning. Looks like the op as grown and learned a little from his experince. And so have we all :)

I try to go the kindness route..."do unto others.." i wouldnt drop her luggage off. I just wouldnt take her target...

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I had a 45 min plus ping. Reached the apartment and the guy told me i'm taking his gf to the airport. which was exactly 45 mins away. Into the ride we were about 10 mins from the airport and she asks if I can pullover to target so she can buy a phone charger.
NO. End of sad story.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I couldn't call her boyfriend because I was in midtrip and could not contact him.
Yes you can. Same way as you do before the trip starts.

had a guy make a "quick" stop at a grocery store and I drove in circles around the lot for 20 minutes until he came out. 20 minutes @ 30mph = 10 miles.
This is what I do, I circle looking for a good spot to park.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Tell her you won't stop at Target. Eat the 1*. It drops your average .008 on Uber. Your last 500 trips are your protection against unreasonable requests.

I'll stop at a gas station, but that's about it. No fast food. No grocery stores. No way in hell Target or Walmart.

However, if I did agree to stop at a grocery store, Target or Walmart, I wouldn't throw their luggage out and leave. I would have made a bad decision, so I would see it through.

At the very least, I would walk their luggage into them and drop it at their feet and leave. I wouldn't drop it in the parking lot or anything like that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hope you got a decent tip and if not 1*'d her

I've learned that if I do a stop to make the passenger remove all the items from my car so they aren't holding me hostage (and also so I can't get accussed of stealing their stuff). If you really needed the trip I would just circle the parking lot to run up the mileage.

To be fair to the passenger she probably got stuck in a long line at Target

1 - 20 of 28 Posts