Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear some feedback on how would you get out of a bad situation with a customer
let's just say is disrespecting you and your car in treating you like a slave scumbag

here's what I would do I would pull over and tell him hey you know what my app is frozen get out of my car and order another Uber and go ahead and cancel
that way it wouldn't affect your ratings
I use my app is frozen a lot when I get a call in at the customer's rating is really poor or bad I call him and tell him you know what my app is frozen you going to go ahead and have to order another uber

what are some of the things you guys use

· Registered
344 Posts
I finish the ride because if I can't deal with someone, anyone, for 20 minutes then I shouldn't be doing this. If it was bad enough I'd have no problems pulling over and telling someone to GTFO now. I've only had one rider that was bad like that where it was getting to me. He asked if he needed to get out and find another Uber when I took what he believed was a wrong turn (city's a grid, no wrong turns as long as you turn left or right correctly). I pulled over for him and said I don't know what you need to do, that's up to you. In or out, that's your choice but make it now. He chose to stay and shut up the rest of the next 5 minutes until the trip ended.

· Registered
423 Posts
The more you drive, the better your gut becomes at detecting stuff. A couple of examples.

1. A few weeks ago, picked up a bus driver in Boulder from the RTD location. He called me prior to arrival and started barking instructions on how to find him. Gets in and says were making 2 stops, first one to Taco Bell b/c he's hungry and then home. No "would you mind if we make a stop". And no thanks for doing that after we finish. Ride was all of $7 total. Was driving yesterday morning early in Boulder (5am) and accept a ping. Head to the address. Same bus driver. Crack the window and say to him "didnt I pick you up before?" Yes he says. I then tell that I wont be picking him up today and drive off. Go offline.

2. Accept another request which was between Boulder and the town I live. Wouldnt normally do it, but thought I might get a DIA run. So head down this dirt road, come to a dingy house and a few mins later, a young girl, no shoes, badly dressed and a scruffy dog in tow (tied to a rope) heads towards the car. I crack window again and say "sorry I dont take animals". She is somewhat offended, and tells me other Uber drivers always take her dog. Drive off.

I'd rather have the 15-20 seconds of awkward conversation BEFORE the trip starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.