Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well did everyone do on Saturday night or this weekend in general with the boost? Granted, the surge overpowered the boost almost every trip.

I found this night, 11pm-4am, to be the best I've ever done in the 3weeks I've been driving for Uber. Every PAX was no problem, some how no pool requests and no tips of course. I only worked 5hours this week, spent $10-15 of gas total (Last week gas was $2.05 and now this week its $2.35, what the F!) Unfortunately, I did have to deadhead back home from Schaumburg to Palos Hills, that being said, destination filter didn't do sh*t for me lol. But I guess who would be doing that route at 4am...

If I can hit $150 in 5hours after gas every week, that'd be the good life.

Oh and I totally prefer boost over G. Totally less stressful. No pools, no suburban cops to worry about, not having anxiety of Uber trying to screw me over (Last week I had G, I worked 5.4hours, but said I worked 4.9, wtf ever, man!) I may live in the burbs, but deadheading to Midway and starting there, always brings me a trip to the city...ish.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Not a bad week, way to go. It just wasn't in me to drive this weekend, Uber gave me no incentives and Lyft's was a joke. My car stayed parked.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hmm mine is opposite, boost was more than surge. If on Friday had no pools but one and some occasional surge, then on Sunday I had mainly pools and no surge. My longest trips were from Evanston to MDW and Union to Schaumburg, both pool of course lol
After the 10/20/40 promotion is gone it takes me extra day to make that $600/week.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Work smart not hard
Wow man, that's really good. And I totally agree, working smart always wins over working hard. But, there is a lot of luck with the distance, surge multiplier, pax, tipping, etc. A lot of variables can change and in your case, it worked out highly in your favor.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can u explain how the boost promotion works? new driver here.
I know you didn't ask me, but the boost promotion will be offered to you through email and text and you can see what area of the map is boosted. But just work downtown nights on the weekend. You can see a big chunk of his, and mine, earnings came from the surge.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know you didn't ask me, but the boost promotion will be offered to you through email and text and you can see what area of the map is boosted. But just work downtown nights on the weekend. You can see a big chunk of his, and mine, earnings came from the surge.
Ok but does the boost apply to all areas, or specific areas, like surge?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will be in a specific area on the map. I don't have a photo to attach, but I'm sure someone will or you can find one from the other 100 boost related threads on here.
But don't be discourage to drive without any promotions.

I know a lot of people won't hit the road until they are offered some promotion, but even without the boost, I still made a decent amount in a short amount of driving and miles driven. I thought it was hopeless to drive without hourly G, but if the surge is thriving for hours, you better be in the city.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It will be in a specific area on the map. I don't have a photo to attach, but I'm sure someone will or you can find one from the other 100 boost related threads on here.
But don't be discourage to drive without any promotions.

I know a lot of people won't hit the road until they are offered some promotion, but even without the boost, I still made a decent amount in a short amount of driving and miles driven. I thought it was hopeless to drive without hourly G, but if the surge is thriving for hours, you better be in the city.
ok thanks. And about how long will a boost promotion last?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Here is the Boost map from last weekend. It has been evolving slightly over the past month but this gives you a general idea. The Boost I received for the weekdays this week had a different morning and evening map but still this general area of the city.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
ok thanks. And about how long will a boost promotion last?
Boost promotions are stipulated for given time periods. This week for Mon-Thu they run from 5am-10am and then again 3pm-12am. On weekends, they'll run almost all day like Friday 12pm-Sat 4am, Sat 8am-Sun 4am, Sun 8am-12am. There is a given multiplier every hour displayed on the map in your app.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had the guarantee this weekend, i think i broke or matched the hourly quotas. Took Sunday off for a birthday party and family time. Had some crazy passengers both friday & saturday. I worked hard and had record earnings. Im liking the boost/guarantee rotation; keeps things interesting.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
How well did everyone do on Saturday night or this weekend in general with the boost? Granted, the surge overpowered the boost almost every trip.

I found this night, 11pm-4am, to be the best I've ever done in the 3weeks I've been driving for Uber. Every PAX was no problem, some how no pool requests and no tips of course. I only worked 5hours this week, spent $10-15 of gas total (Last week gas was $2.05 and now this week its $2.35, what the F!) Unfortunately, I did have to deadhead back home from Schaumburg to Palos Hills, that being said, destination filter didn't do sh*t for me lol. But I guess who would be doing that route at 4am...

If I can hit $150 in 5hours after gas every week, that'd be the good life.

Oh and I totally prefer boost over G. Totally less stressful. No pools, no suburban cops to worry about, not having anxiety of Uber trying to screw me over (Last week I had G, I worked 5.4hours, but said I worked 4.9, wtf ever, man!) I may live in the burbs, but deadheading to Midway and starting there, always brings me a trip to the city...ish.
Well done!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Any trip that begins in the outlined area will be 1.4x or whatever multiplier it happens to be at the designated time. Should it be surging you'll get whichever one is higher. Also with boost you can't use instant pay it gets deposited Wednesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Did boost this weekend and the expanded area made a big difference....made better money than a guarantee would have paid and no problem riders so no complaints.
Easy money is easy money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts