Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, as uber does with their spectacular advertising how did everyone go fri and sat night?
I did not see any surge around those areas as expected, so did my normal route and wasnt too bad.
I dont fall for those uber ads anymore lol!

·
Registered
158 Posts
From what i saw you couldn't even get into pick up area for tropfest because so many cars and same lane to get in and out.

As for guns and roses i dont know why uber wouldn't make a drop off pick up area for all events in Olympic Park so riders/drivers know.
Wishful thinking i think.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Another way to look at it is that no surge means the event was successful for Uber. No surge means there was an adequate supply of cars to meet demand. Uber don't want surge.

As an uber driver it is in our best interest to be im places of low supply and high demand. Therefore you should go where other drivers are not. That is what TONY-T did on NYE. When most people went to the harbour he went to Palm Beach area and made heaps.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea one of the biggest [problems facing these events is that we cant get thru to them. Uber must assign pax to call uber at a specific area only so
we dont have to wait along with thousands of taxis. Last time I went to oympic park for some event I couldnt get thru to riders and estimated time was like 30 mins and they cancelled of course. Hope Uber will assign designated calling/pick area for big events so if youre in the area, a pop up sceen comes up and tells you to go to the designated calling area to get an uber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.