1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just a year ago, Uber reigned as the tech industry's awe-inspiring, all-powerful Wizard of Oz. But lately, the curtain is being pulled back to reveal a guy who's more like an angry drunk frantically yanking levers while taking roundhouse swings at the Tin Man and propositioning Dorothy.

http://www.newsweek.com/uber-turn-s...cket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits
If Uber keeps going the way they are by borrowing from investors and losing money they wont be around in two years from now.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts

·
Banned
516 Posts
I don't think they will ever go public I was thinking about this the other day
True, Uber is on the crash course and has been bleeding cash for several years now, especially since it is been sued worldwide in many fronts. the pot is empty for Uber, even if it offers IPO to go for public there will be chaos and before hand it will be bankrupt because current investors will cash out, Uber will never go public, doing so will cause it early death sentence.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Uber delende est. Uber needs to be wiped off the transportation map, there's probably no other solution. Despite changing on a dime, the company is very unlikely to be able to fundamentally change the way they do business. It's rotten to the core. The best thing that could happen to 'rideshare' or TNC, whatever you want to call it, is the decline and eventual collapse of Uber.
More viable ethical business models that capitalize on the basic idea will take root in the scorched earth left behind- Juno is the type of business that's needed.
Uber has created a business incapable of turning a profit and that drives it's 'partners' into poverty. They would have to completely alter their mindset, highly improbable, much more likely to expect the people running the company to try to bumble through and investors to eventually flee.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I look at this tech startups in my job every day. Not unsusual to see a tech startup to burn that much money. As long as they continue to have investor support and commitement, I do not ser any bankruptcy risks at this point. They seem to raise capital quite easily which is great especially for a private company.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
They will still be pressured to go public. That way investors can cash out
Who would buy stock on a sinking titanic?

uber has 3 types of share classes.
Only few have voting shares and investors have no say in the company because they don't have voting shares.
The boob maintains control of the company and will probably never relinquish that because of his ego and the moral/ethical vacuum he lives in.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Who would buy stock on a sinking titanic?

uber has 3 types of share classes.
Only few have voting shares and investors have no say in the company because they don't have voting shares.
The boob maintains control of the company and will probably never relinquish that because of his ego and the moral/ethical vacuum he lives in.
They will probably IPO at some point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Trump received so much bad press and was still elected president.
Totally. It's seems even bad press makes a big chunk of the public more curious and almost more interested. So I guess no reason it can't have the same effect with a corporation. Who knows maybe Uber will come out of this a freshly polished POS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts