Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

How to Vomit proof your car

7K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  unPat 
#1 · (Edited)
All of us that have been ubering for a while have certainly experienced the nasty experience of somebody vomiting in the back seat of our car.

Back this summer, I had two passengers vomit a little bit in the backseat of my car. Fortunately they got most of the mess outside, and because of that, I thought vomiting was all fun and games. I would just wipe up the little mess, collect my cleaning fee the next day and move on.

Unfortunately, 10 days ago, a large intoxicated woman unloaded an industrial-sized vat of stinky beer mixed with who-knows-what vomit.

Serious, this was no joke. Almost I gagged many times myself trying to drive home. After then come I promised myself I would never be at the mercy of pukers ever again. I have put together a kit to protect my car from even the worst of throwing up incidents. Here is what you need to do yourself.
1. Obtain Landscaping plastic and make sure that you cover the seats in the back seat, the doors and windows, the floor, as well as the space between the back seat and the front seat. You will probably have to use duct tape or masking tape to make this stay.

If you want to go overboard, you can even cover the ceiling. A man working at the car detailing shop told me stories about how he had seen vomit on the ceilings of cars in the past!
2. Cut holes into the plastic so that your passengers can easily access the door handles. You might even want to cut tiny holes so they can access the buttons to the windows or the charger Outlets.
3. Be sure to include a snorkel like breathing device. The smell will easily get past the plastic barrier and will make you sick all the same. CPAP face pieces are perfect for this because they cover your nose and come with the long hose that you can put outside the window. Yes, I know you're thinking about how ridiculous you might look. But nobody is going to see you except the intoxicated puker in your backseat. Would you rather look a little silly, or breathing that stench for the next 30 minutes?
4. Be sure to inform your passengers what all of the plastic is for. I have tried this only once last night and my passengers from my two rides we're very understanding why I had the back seat set up this way.
5. You will probably want to use us only at peak hours. All three of my vomiting instances have happened between the hours of 2 a.m. and 3 am. Thus I not see a need to have my car set up this way for more than 2 hours on any night.

6. Even if car is protected, you will still have the nasty mess of removing the plastic and buying new plastic. Be sure to save a little bit of the mess for your carpet so you can still obtain the $150 cleaning fee. In this case you can control how big the mess in your car is, and where it goes.

See less See more
#4 ·

All of us that have been ubering for a while have certainly experienced the nasty experience of somebody vomiting in the back seat of our car.

Back this summer, I had two passengers vomit a little bit in the backseat of my car. Fortunately they got most of the mess outside, and because of that, I thought vomiting was all fun and games. I would just wipe up the little mess, collect my cleaning fee the next day and move on.

Unfortunately, 10 days ago, a large intoxicated woman unloaded an industrial-sized vat of stinky beer mixed with who-knows-what vomit.

Serious, this was no joke. Almost I gagged many times myself trying to drive home. After then come I promised myself I would never be at the mercy of pukers ever again. I have put together a kit to protect my car from even the worst of throwing up incidents. Here is what you need to do yourself.
1. Obtain Landscaping plastic and make sure that you cover the seats in the back seat, the doors and windows, the floor, as well as the space between the back seat and the front seat. You will probably have to use duct tape or masking tape to make this stay.

If you want to go overboard, you can even cover the ceiling. A man working at the car detailing shop told me stories about how he had seen vomit on the ceilings of cars in the past!
2. Cut holes into the plastic so that your passengers can easily access the door handles. You might even want to cut tiny holes so they can access the buttons to the windows or the charger Outlets.
3. Be sure to include a snorkel like breathing device. The smell will easily get past the plastic barrier and will make you sick all the same. CPAP face pieces are perfect for this because they cover your nose and come with the long hose that you can put outside the window. Yes, I know you're thinking about how ridiculous you might look. But nobody is going to see you except the intoxicated puker in your backseat. Would you rather look a little silly, or breathing that stench for the next 30 minutes?
4. Be sure to inform your passengers what all of the plastic is for. I have tried this only once last night and my passengers from my two rides we're very understanding why I had the back seat set up this way.
5. You will probably want to use us only at peak hours. All three of my vomiting instances have happened between the hours of 2 a.m. and 3 am. Thus I not see a need to have my car set up this way for more than 2 hours on any night.

6. Even if car is protected, you will still have the nasty mess of removing the plastic and buying new plastic. Be sure to save a little bit of the mess for your carpet so you can still obtain the $150 cleaning fee. In this case you can control how big the mess in your car is, and where it goes.
Dexter might need to borrow your back seat

#5 ·

I am not sure if are serious. Did you really try this?

#8 ·
Come on, c'mon... Just dont provide a service to them.
Are you obligated? Are you forced to do that like with service animals? No, you are not.

I had so many wasted drunk already getting into my car, but as soon as I realize they are possible can vomit, I reject them. Yes, they get upset, etc. But I dont give a ****!!!

#11 ·
Wait...so people actually climb into your plastic bag covered murder wagon???

...and you get positive ratings for this?

(I was picked up by SadUber and he had the car all ready for a murder mutilation when I got in....the loose cereal gift bag was a nice touch....I like that kind of preparedness....5 stars)

#19 ·
Why don't you just keep two plastic drop cloths in your trunk that you can throw over the seats and the floor for anyone getting into your car who could make a mess. Its a lot simpler than all of the "dexteresque" plastic wrap that you are taping down. I use plastic drop cloths for the winter months in NJ and NYC when passengers get in with muddy boots. Pukers are either not allowed into my car or they are required to sit on plastic drop cloths while holding a large puke bag in their lap for the journey. If they don't want the puke bag, they don't get the ride.

#26 ·
Lmfao :D

I've had 12ish vomiters in my amazing uber career. A few of them vomited several times in a row!
My go-to is prevention is better than cure.
Be VERY aware of how drunk the Pax is. Always have the drunk one sit on the right. Don't drive away until they are. Clues are:
Inability to walk
Hiccoughs
Slurred speech
Wanting the window open
Passing out.
Tell them that when they want to vomit you will pull over and they can barf out the door. If they're a complete mess don't get on a freeway. Go side streets.. I never have a splash in the car! Now and then a few drops on the door panel but one wipe cleans that off.
Sad Uber, I'm sorry that massive vomit happened. And that plastic is funny but it's really horrible and I wouldn't feel comfortable with it as a Pax ... I'd rather eat your put-together cereal baggies. Haha :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.