Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
You just tell them. I was a taxi driver and taxi is offically public transport, our law forbids eating, drinking, smoking, stinking etc in public transport, so it wasn´t hard to ask them to obey.

I also had sticekrs not to smoke, not to eat on passenger side window. Same signs you can see on a city bus here.
It helped, less people were eating in my car and they asked if it was OK. Sometimes it was, when they explained that they were very busy, no time to eat their lunch, I didn´t kick them out for bolting down a banana.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
People can control themselves if they respect you.

When I was driving yellow cab, we had a steady rider who was a doorman at a dive bar. After work, he always called from an adjacent all-night sandwich shop, but always kept it in the bag for the ride to his apartment.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
i used to get my first ping from the same mother n primary ger ger nearby. i guess, ger dun wanna wake up, etc, mum has no time to feed the ger at home n rushing to send her to school on time. thus, she ALWAYS brought food along n ate inside the car.. at once, mum was trying to feed her soup too :rolleyes:... i hv NO Food/drink/smoke stickers too... guess mum wont care.
any way, if she fed her girl well enuf n keep the car clean then im ok. everytime after dropping them off, i hv to pull ovet to clean up the droppings..at once, found the tissue paper too :mad:
i pityy the mum n its a pitty she doesnt know how to educate her gerger manners in this regards... anyway.. i blacklisted them aftetr a few trips with me n i no longer hv the first troubling issue first rider of the day...
:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi all,

As per subject "How to tactically tell riders not to eat or drink in my car?"

Just hate it when my car have people eating & drinking...

Regards,
Teck
I like how the American drivers deal with this issue. They would tell their riders that they are sharing a ride with the driver as uber is a ride share initiative and that the rider is sharing a ride in the driver's car. As a result, the driver does not allow eating / drinking / smoking in his car. Moreover, simply put forward to them that they would not like to get into a car that is smelly or with crumbs or with cockroaches, so likewise, they too should leave the car clean for others.

If they still refuse, stop the car, cancel the ride, throw them out. If they refuse, call the police. Remember it's your car whether it's a rental or not. And if you don't complete the trip, they can't rate you. You can always ask uber for a portion of the ride later and explain that the rider was eating in your car despite being told not to do so.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
the only thing that i cannot tahan is when the rider comes along with a cup of COFFEE..... the rider doesnt drink them inside the car but the coffee SMELL tortures u during the entire trip n u almost cant wait to stop by the next kopishop n lim before u can cont to chiong. ... btw, one of the riders did actually offer his kopi to me after i told them how desperate i need one now at that moment..:D

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I like how the American drivers deal with this issue. They would tell their riders that they are sharing a ride with the driver as uber is a ride share initiative and that the rider is sharing a ride in the driver's car. As a result, the driver does not allow eating / drinking / smoking in his car. Moreover, simply put forward to them that they would not like to get into a car that is smelly or with crumbs or with cockroaches, so likewise, they too should leave the car clean for others.

If they still refuse, stop the car, cancel the ride, throw them out. If they refuse, call the police. Remember it's your car whether it's a rental or not. And if you don't complete the trip, they can't rate you. You can always ask uber for a portion of the ride later and explain that the rider was eating in your car despite being told not to do so.
....but eventually we still need to 'complete' the trip before we can move on to next one... giving up call Uba support for looooong time.....no call Support too if not under their working hrs......

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

So fierce and steady,just like your avatar

1 - 20 of 33 Posts