Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

For weekdays: Does your area have only around 7 hours/day that are not boost hours

• My area has more than 7 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%

How to make ASAP funds

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JimKE 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a situation now where I need to make money fast. I should be getting paid Thursday, but after that, need to make as much as possibile
to pay a bill by Friday.

I have just set up Instant Pay, and I'm wondering if anyone has advice on the best way to use Instant Pay to both:
a) maximize my earnings and
b) assure those earning are eligible for INSTANT PAY instead of being locked from accessing them until it's transferred via direct deposit

For example, in the help section it says earning aren't available for instant pay if earned during boost hours. And, in my area, for weekdays, there are ONLY 7 HOURS in a day that are non-boost are (which is great for the long term, but shitty of you need money ASAP and can only get instant pay if you drive during those specific hours)

*btw, I live/drive in SF Bay Area, do folks from other locations also find that there are very few hours during the day that ARENT boost pricing?*

Also, if there are any other tips, tricks, loopholes, etc. that can help me out PLEASE let me know.

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol, what do you mean?

hint:drive instead of posting surveys on Uberpeople.net.

Fact:I sleep so much better at night knowing I have @ least 3 months of emergency fund in the bank.
I wish that were the case for me. It's not that I'm irresponsible with money or just waste my time instead of driving. Here's my situation: I have a master's degree and am currently busting my ass off 30 hours a week with an unpaid internship working on getting my hours to be a licensed therapist (virtually impossible to find laid internships in the field)

I don't have a regular schedule where I start and end at the same time everyday. Between seeing patients and attending weekly training, my schedule starts in the morning and ends around 8 each night. I only have small windows 2-3 hour windows of time until I get off at 8 pm so it's very difficult to find enough time to drive enough hours to live comfortably. Uber is about the only gig with freedom and flexibility allows me to make money and intern at the same time. So right now, it works. But understand that not everyone is in a position do drive enough to make money to have that comfortable emergency fund.
I also live in the SF Bay Area and most people are barely getting by. Hope ya understand! :)

#5 ·
Best tip I can offer... drive very early in the morning (3:30am to 9am). In any market, that's the best time as there are fewer Uber drivers out there then.

All markets are different. In mine, from 9am to 3pm it isn't worth my time.

The next best shift to work is 4pm to 2am. Again, this is per my market. I don't chase surges. Sure there are more surges in evening hours, but it is a wash as I get tons of rides early. Mostly to the airport.

One last tip, investigate an events in your area the next few days and hang around those.

Good Luck, I've been in your shoes!

#9 ·
(virtually impossible to find laid internships in the field)
Wow, that is crazy. Here in Miami, therapy interns get laid a LOT!

I only have small windows 2-3 hour windows of time until I get off at 8 pm
If I can be serious for a moment, I'd be very careful with small windows like that. What are you going to do if the pax wants to go to Monterey, or Reno? I would focus on timeframes that are much more open than 2-3 hours.

Regarding Boost, that question really needs to be posted on the SFO board. My experience here in Miami is useless to you in SFO.

And...FWIW...Miami has approximately 24 hours per day which are NOT Boost. We only get Boost for special events.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.