Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I always have my phone on mute so i just go by the visual. If your phone is mounted correctly, I think it's pretty standard. Your eyes and brain can do amazing things - kinda like when you can recognize a police car out of the far far far corner of your eye - it's embedded somewhere in the recesses of our mind and just having it appear withtin a 180 degree area lets us see it.

I think I'm making sense right now but I could be totally wrong. :confused:o_O

·
Registered
947 Posts
I always do music through the aux cord. Pandora and Spotify are way better than anything on the radio. I like having the audible ping and I can play my music as loud as I want between pax and not worry about not hearing the ping. But if you want the radio then pump the volume all the way on your phone and keep the music down

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That only works...

If they are sending you a ping...8>)

Rakos
View attachment 234158
PS. Too many ants...!
implying?

I don't get this one bit. I have music through my aux cord that plays on the car speakers and my ping comes through on my phone. I can adjust the ping volume since that's categorised on my alarm volume which is different from my music volume.
so does the ping come through the speakers? cos you'd have to have the music pretty low to hear it

I always have my phone on mute so i just go by the visual. If your phone is mounted correctly, I think it's pretty standard. Your eyes and brain can do amazing things - kinda like when you can recognize a police car out of the far far far corner of your eye - it's embedded somewhere in the recesses of our mind and just having it appear withtin a 180 degree area lets us see it.

I think I'm making sense right now but I could be totally wrong. :confused:o_O
no most people would miss it.

Either your music is too loud or your phone volume is too low.
your music would have to be like below 8. So ya i guess to some its loud but its not.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rakos implies there are a lot of drivers out there

[so does the ping come through the speakers? cos you'd have to have the music pretty low to hear it
The ping comes through on the phone and you can set that volume independently of the music on your speakers[/QUOTE]
and what i'm saying is if i have the volume where i want it which is louder im not gonna hear that ping. so i was wondering what works etc. I dont want to where headphones on my phone obviously. Phone volumes arent that loud everyone lol

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
I'd have to see your phone to know, because this is not an issue for me however loud my music is. Headphones are illegal in CA whilst driving, plus they'd impair your hearing when Pax give you directions or have a conversation.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd have to see your phone to know, because this is not an issue for me however loud my music is. Headphones are illegal in CA whilst driving, plus they'd impair your hearing when Pax give you directions or have a conversation.
i was wondering if the aux is plugged in would the ping come through the speakers. Apparently is doenst . I dont know why it wouldnt

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
You get a single-ear headset. They're usually small and not easily noticed.

·
Registered
456 Posts
For you iPhone users out there, consider an Apple CarPlay stereo. When I'm driving, I play my music/Pandora/radio/etc. through Apple CarPlay and it will pause the music/Pandora/radio/etc. when a ping comes in. The paused music/radio alerts me and the ping is loud and clear. This works whether hooked up through a Lightning cable or wireless through Bluetooth. Improves my TNC'ing.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Keep your TNC app on the foreground and you won't have any issues hearing pings while your music is playing.

Proof: I play utter crappy music in my car and I still hear the pings as they come in. They're pretty loud, but dependent on the volume setting on your phone. Try turning up the phone volume to the max and then just adjust the car's volume.

·
-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
2,935 Posts
no i want music loudish . Cant hear phone on that . Dont have bluetooth
This is android specific but... there is a separate volume slider in the app under Settings. Make sure that is all the way on. It would have no impact on the volume of your music but would increase the volume of the incoming pings so you can hear it. Pings are unbelievably loud on my phone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts