Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in this threat please share your tip stories

in some days i get tips from 5 clients in 1 day and some days no tips at all.

how much was your biggest amount of tips you received and why do you think you got it?

please share some tricks how to get tips from most of the clients.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i was thinking to put a tips box between my front seats and write on the box "tips" .same as in carwash

anyone think is good ideea? i think all uberX drivers should have one of these tips box in his car.

if all of us will do that i guess our earnings will grow considerable...

·
Registered
977 Posts
i was thinking to put a tips box between my front seats and write on the box "tips" .same as in carwash

anyone think is good ideea? i think all uberX drivers should have one of these tips box in his car.

tell them sad story about your life. i Said to one customer that i got a tip last day 20£ (which is not usuall like my first tip since i started) this guy gave me 5£ ;D

·
Registered
977 Posts

If they have bootles od water, candies, tissues they should have tip box!
BUT ! you forgot about one. Tips are included in Fare ! ;D so who gonna py double tip?!;D

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
U expecting tips from someone who can't even rate u 5 stars let alone 20£ tips..... u should be the one telling us what u doing u seem to be an expert in getting tips cause I only got tipped 4 5 times in 19 months I was working for uber and the most was a fiver... I don't need them to tip me as long as they leave my car in peace

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
i got ushered down hyde park gate one night and asked to wait. a guy came out, handed me a wad of cash and said "take them where they want to go". an elderly arab lady and her daughter (i guess) got in and asked for albert hall mansions. a £3 journey and probably another £3 waiting time. when they left i counted the money. £70. i went back there every night for weeks but never saw them again lol.

worse tip was last week. 10 pence, a euro and a saudi coin. the irish fella asked for a blank receipt on the strength of it.

tbh i don't care about tips. all i want is what's on the meter and sometimes i don't even want that. i once picked up the alex ferguson's autobiography writer. when i said my old woman was a united fan he gave me a signed copy (ferguson's signature) two days before christmas. touch.
i also picked up a disabled arab girl who was so happy i'd stopped for her she insisted i had a slice of her 21st birthday cake when we got back to hers.
there's a guy who runs a lebanese restaurant on edgware rd who i seemed to be taking home nightly, by chance. fare was always £7.80 and he always said keep £10.00. after a week of me taking him home he insisted i came to his restaurant for a free meal. really nice bloke.
a woman who owns a well to do italian restaurant in kensington gave my eldest boy a free meal/evening when he was looking to propose to his then girlfriend. she threw in the works.

tips are soon forgotten but gifts actually mean something.

to counter this i've dropped off countless mobiles, laptops, wallets and not even got a thank you.

·
Registered
977 Posts
U expecting tips from someone who can't even rate u 5 stars let alone 20£ tips..... u should be the one telling us what u doing u seem to be an expert in getting tips cause I only got tipped 4 5 times in 19 months I was working for uber and the most was a fiver... I don't need them to tip me as long as they leave my car in peace
Fare was 17£ tip was 20£. I had nice conversation with customer.
He said he hate black cabs cus they like to take longest route to his home.
I took waze route and he was happy.
Also i had guy who own 2 restaurant in The Shard also we had good conversation and only bye and thanks at the end.
Gatwick 67£ not EVEN one word between us after he get into the car.
20£ tip.

·
Registered
977 Posts
i got ushered down hyde park gate one night and asked to wait. a guy came out, handed me a wad of cash and said "take them where they want to go". an elderly arab lady and her daughter (i guess) got in and asked for albert hall mansions. a £3 journey and probably another £3 waiting time. when they left i counted the money. £70. i went back there every night for weeks but never saw them again lol.

worse tip was last week. 10 pence, a euro and a saudi coin. the irish fella asked for a blank receipt on the strength of it.

tbh i don't care about tips. all i want is what's on the meter and sometimes i don't even want that. i once picked up the alex ferguson's autobiography writer. when i said my old woman was a united fan he gave me a signed copy (ferguson's signature) two days before christmas. touch.
i also picked up a disabled arab girl who was so happy i'd stopped for her she insisted i had a slice of her 21st birthday cake when we got back to hers.
there's a guy who runs a lebanese restaurant on edgware rd who i seemed to be taking home nightly, by chance. fare was always £7.80 and he always said keep £10.00. after a week of me taking him home he insisted i came to his restaurant for a free meal. really nice bloke.
a woman who owns a well to do italian restaurant in kensington gave my eldest boy a free meal/evening when he was looking to propose to his then girlfriend. she threw in the works.

tips are soon forgotten but gifts actually mean something.

to counter this i've dropped off countless mobiles, laptops, wallets and not even got a thank you.
Taxi/Ph trade got good/bad days.
1 day you are happy , another day you wish to stay home because last day was shit and had rubish customers.
Job is a job.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
More likely to get tips from cash jobs elsewhere, where customers can't be bothered with their change.

Hailo customers generally round up, and often get tip on a card job as they've got a tip function on the app, which the passenger can adjust at any point during the journey.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I took a millionaire last week from the Royal Automobile club in Pall Mall to Weybridge! 22 miles 57 minutes! With a detour to drop his friend off 12.30 at night, and I heard his friend say on the way, "how much does this journey normally cost?" And he said "fifty quid or there about" The fare came to £39, and I dropped him off at his mansion. Did I get a tip? Did I ****!
But I've said in another thread "If the rich order an uberx you're not getting a tip".

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
i dropped x iraqi offical to st goerges hill in weybridge ****ing crazy with security and everything 20£ tip as soon as i pulled up on the drive way 3 maids opened the door for him water etc i havent had a tip for the last two months even if u get tips its far in beetween to count for anything i just give a 1 star knowing that one day when its raining and they are trying to get uber home i will **** them.
the rich never tip they are ****s usually the average joe does ive picked up and dropped to some of the most exclusive streets in london.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have not been tipped since 2 weeks ago when i decided to stop give wather and gum to my passengers.

when i use to ask them if they want water , gum and aux cable i was getting tips like 50 pounds /week in total. for water and gum i was spending around 10 pounds /week . i guess i will start again giving water and gum.

·
Registered
977 Posts
i have not been tipped since 2 weeks ago when i decided to stop give wather and gum to my passengers.

when i use to ask them if they want water , gum and aux cable i was getting tips like 50 pounds /week in total. for water and gum i was spending around 10 pounds /week . i guess i will start again giving water and gum.
GG

1 - 20 of 21 Posts