Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in a few instances where a rider is a no show.. How do I properly get the 5 dollar cancel fee? Which option do I select?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been in a few instances where a rider is a no show.. How do I properly get the 5 dollar cancel fee? Which option do I select?
there is no option for cancellations so Go to latest trips click on the trip click on the help click on trouble with the fare then click on unpaid tolls then type in $5 and type in the reason. Works for me every time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Actually the proper way, after you arrive and wait 5 minutes hit cancel trip and hit "rider no show"
If I Drive 5 miles in 15 minutes to pick somebody up and they cancel when I get there and I don't get paid then that's what I do. It happened to me twice in one night and they paid up after I did that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I Drive 5 miles in 15 minutes to pick somebody up and they cancel when I get there and I don't get paid then that's what I do. It happened to me twice in one night and they paid up after I did that.
You can't do anything that's why don't accept far away requests or call them before you start a drive let them know 15 min I will be there is that ok with you sir or mam or pax that will work for you very well )))

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can't do anything that's why don't accept far away requests or call them before you start a drive let them know 15 min I will be there is that ok with you sir or mam or pax that will work for you very well )))
I take care of my locals. YOU can do something, YOU can get paid I just told you. DON'T call pax unless you can't find them. All they want is a ride from point A to point B they don't want to be bothered with questions.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Last night I had a guy drop his pin at an intersection. I drove 8 minutes to pin. Called him, he tried twice to tell me where he was then said "f*** it" and hung up. I cancelled ride for no rider show.

When I got home I had no cancellation. I emailed support and they added to my earnings. 4$ woohoo

·
Registered
3 Posts
If rider cancels after 5 minutes of request, they are automatically charged 5 bucks. However if you showed up at their location it will be up to you to cancel if they don't show up or if they gave you wrong location. when you hit cancel you will get the option to pick the reason. For me I wait 5 minutes I call once if they don't respond then it's a no show. Riders are able to see that you are getting close to them and are notified when you arrive I am not gonna be waisting my time - Other thing, it happened to me twice and I learned from it: The rider location was VERY different from the pin, I called and tried to find them and in reward I got a poor rating witch I thought was unfair so I decided that if you are not close to the pin, it's a cancellation (Take a screenshot of you phone) - I'd rather have the 5 buck than $10 + one star.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If rider cancels after 5 minutes of request, they are automatically charged 5 bucks. However if you showed up at their location it will be up to you to cancel if they don't show up or if they gave you wrong location. when you hit cancel you will get the option to pick the reason. For me I wait 5 minutes I call once if they don't respond then it's a no show. Riders are able to see that you are getting close to them and are notified when you arrive I am not gonna be waisting my time - Other thing, it happened to me twice and I learned from it: The rider location was VERY different from the pin, I called and tried to find them and in reward I got a poor rating witch I thought was unfair so I decided that if you are not close to the pin, it's a cancellation (Take a screenshot of you phone) - I'd rather have the 5 buck than $10 + one star.
The system does not always work, I have driven over 10 min to pick them up and they cancel and no payment. I have let many slide by but no more.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i lost two i should have had last night because this stupid auto arrive. the dang csr says i was 5 min late to eta. bs i was 1-2 min early both times.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Now you'll notice that it still says arriving in 1-2 minutes, even if you are sitting on the pin. Another sham.... So tired of this BS. My days are numbered....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've noticed that even if the rider is notified and your not at the exact location as the GPS, the system thinks your 1 to 2 minutes away when your at the correct destination.. Dumb!!! And annoying.. Those CSR's don't know jack ish...

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Maybe you don't realize it but it automatically notifies the rider that you've arrived w/o pushing a button.
On the Android app?
I've never seen a notice that the rider is notified of arrival.How do you know that the rider is notified on their end? And if it does it automatically, what is the purpose of the "confirm arrival" button? if it does it automatically..... I have to hit the confirmed arrival button on every trip, so I dont see any "automatic" arrival going on.

·
Registered
744 Posts
On the Android app?
I've never seen a notice that the rider is notified of arrival.How do you know that the rider is notified on their end? And if it does it automatically, what is the purpose of the "confirm arrival" button? if it does it automatically..... I have to hit the confirmed arrival button on every trip, so I dont see any "automatic" arrival going on.
I'm speaking of Uber's iPhone. There is a little clock icon in the corner of the screen that says, "Wait for rider. Rider notified." We have no way of knowing when or @ what point the pax is notified upon arrival. There is an option before arrival that we can manually select "confirm arrival" but my experience has been that if it auto notifies, I can not retrieve the manual button:( It's an annoying feature for a myriad of reasons-incorrect pin, incorrectly says driver is 1-2 minutes away, how do we know how long to wait until cancellation fee kicks in, etc.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts