Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Does anybody think changing my social security number, full Name, and phone number to sign up again to drive will work if I was deactivated before?
Using a stolen name, social security number and using a GoPhone to work for Uber or Lyft again?

You can try but hope you don’t you use someone ID that was also deactivated and remember you have to take a picture and the software might flag you if Uber has that technology

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was deactivated for asking personal questions, even though it was just a normal flow of conversation. Lyft said it is permanent deactivation. I also can’t use rider app now , they said I’m deactivated with both.

· Premium Member
2,083 Posts
So you think you can change your SSN? You gotta go to court and convince a judge for a name change. What reason would you try to get past a judge?
I can hear it now:

OP “ Your Honor I need to change my name and social security number “

Judge “ May I ask why? “

OP “ Lyft deactivated me, so I need a new name and social, and while at it can you also give me a new phone number “

Judge “ Sure thing buddy and while at it would like me to fine Lyft? Case dismissed and request denied “

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Hmm....I asked a girl who had tats all over her body (and was headed to a parlor to get more) if she had any in intimate areas......got flagged for inappropriate conversation. LOL. No deactivation.

· Premium Member
6,024 Posts
Hmm....I asked a girl who had tats all over her body (and was headed to a parlor to get more) if she had any in intimate areas......got flagged for inappropriate conversation. LOL. No deactivation.
A true facepalm moment. Might as well have asked "do you go down on rideshare drivers during the trip?"

If you're gonna risk deactivation for inappropriate comments then at least make ir a good one.

· Premium Member
243 Posts
Even if you could get away with changing your SS number and name and phone (which you wouldn't), you'd then have to change all of your banking info to match the new you, so Lyft could make the electronic deposits. Good luck with that. The bank would require proof of who you are when setting up a new account.
Very bad idea and a complete waste of time, not to mention probably illegal.

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
A true facepalm moment. Might as well have asked "do you go down on rideshare drivers during the trip?"

If you're gonna risk deactivation for inappropriate comments then at least make ir a good one.
You miss 100% of shots you don't take. This chick was so tatted and pierced I didn't think she would have given a crap about the comment. It was the opening. I didn't have much time to work up to it. If answered, I would have taken it from there. If not. Conversation over. The trip was only about 10 minutes long.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Even if you could get away with changing your SS number and name and phone (which you wouldn't), you'd then have to change all of your banking info to match the new you, so Lyft could make the electronic deposits. Good luck with that. The bank would require proof of who you are when setting up a new account.
Very bad idea and a complete waste of time, not to mention probably illegal.
Ok thanks for the advice.

· Premium Member
17,711 Posts
If you're old and white, in 20 years she'll sue you for emotional distress for that incident.
AOC may help her.
Hope you never run for Supreme Court Judge or something.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts