Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It got me once, and it was annoying. I went offline for a few minutes to get out of an area I don't like working, and I went to flip back online on the highway and it made me pull over to go back online. A little annoying but it wasn't the end of the world.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It did it to me last night when I was en route to pick up a passenger. I could think of much better timing for it, but it wasn't the end of the world either.

I wouldn't recommend trying to cheat it. Uber has a whole fraud department that probably knows any tricks out there. I'm sure it would result in immediate deactivation if you got caught.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
I just want to know if it's beatable because uber only cares about themselves and takes advantage of the system
What system are they taking advantage of by requiring selfie confirmation?

I got one too last weekend. Had to pull over to get the picture. Was a bit annoying but I got over it within 15 seconds as I got a ping.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
has there been an issue with scammers stealing driver's phones to go for joyrides? (or commit crimes under someone else's name?)
Close... deactivated (or unqualified by ticket criminal record ect) drivers getting someone else to set up an account and hand them their phone, or people just borrowing their uber phone/account.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something but on my iPhone I simply say take picture, then choose the same one from my camera roll... It asks me after 4-5 logins to do it again as they don't like the pic and I just resend the same one.

They DID NOT like my Morgan Freewoman pic:D

1 - 20 of 113 Posts